CoinPeople.com

Guess the code - Round 5

46313874378137 :ninja:

Great first entry - you are officially tied with Topher - Good Luck!

7/14

Darryl

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New clue - see first post. :ninja:

OK, Here we go - will have answers is a minute...

5/14

Better Luck Tomorrow!

Another contender :ninja:

7/14

See you tomorrow

71413574873537 ??

All these 7's are starting to add up :ninja:

7/14

Good Job!

We have a new leader :ninja:

8/14

I think tomorrow is the day when we see a correct answer. ;) Sharpen the pencils, it's a race to the finish...

new clue

And my answer ;)

And my answer too :ninja: You know you are good when the competition stops guessing ;)

14/14

Really nice job - Congrats!

Your coins will be on the way within the next day or two. Just let me know when they arrive.

Contest is officially over...

Best Regards

Contest_5.jpg

Group 1

115_1595_1.jpg

Group 2

115_1596_1.jpg

Group 3

115_1597_1.jpg

That would have doubled my collection

Good job (again) Topher

Thanks for the contest Darryl, and thanks BigCanadianM. I'm obsessive when it comes to these kinds of riddles. I HAVE to figure them out, even if it kills me. I know, it's unhealthy, but at least I can admit it. I've had a bit of a win streak lately, so for the next little while, I'll compete, but won't accept prizes. I'd offer to stay out of the competition, but I just can't do that. I'll have to put a riddle together to give back to the CoinPeople community, but the hardest part will be taking the photo. (yes, for a tech geek, I can't work a darn camera! LOL!) Maybe I'll come up with a riddle that doesn't involve pictures. Hmmmmm...... Stay tuned.

Oddly enough, it's the US coins in this collection that I don't have. Darryl, you can keep the wheaties, the half Franc, and the British half-penny. I have more than enough of those types, so I won't miss them.

OK - now for the interesting part.

As I was just looking at the final set of coins I realized I had one of the 2x2's miss-marked. :D;););)

So the answer based on the clues was correct but the actual answer based on the coins was not.

Topher - You are still the winner! :D:ninja:

For those others that have been playing along, I will send a consolation prize :D - PM me your address - Jos I already have yours ;)

Glad everyone played along!!! Kind of a nice ending to what has been the strangest contest - who's running this show anyways :D

O - that would be me :wub:

Best Regards,

Darryl

Thanks for the contest Darryl, and thanks BigCanadianM. I'm obsessive when it comes to these kinds of riddles. I HAVE to figure them out, even if it kills me. I know, it's unhealthy, but at least I can admit it. I've had a bit of a win streak lately, so for the next little while, I'll compete, but won't accept prizes. I'd offer to stay out of the competition, but I just can't do that. I'll have to put a riddle together to give back to the CoinPeople community, but the hardest part will be taking the photo. (yes, for a tech geek, I can't work a darn camera! LOL!) Maybe I'll come up with a riddle that doesn't involve pictures. Hmmmmm...... Stay tuned.

Oddly enough, it's the US coins in this collection that I don't have. Darryl, you can keep the wheaties, the half Franc, and the British half-penny. I have more than enough of those types, so I won't miss them.

That British Half Penny is uncirculated - you sure?

You are quite welcome as I enjoyed watching this one and it's fun to give back sometimes as I have won my fair share. :ninja:

Best Regards - Send those PM's for those that have played...

That British Half Penny is uncirculated - you sure?

You are quite welcome as I enjoyed watching this one and it's fun to give back sometimes as I have won my fair share. :ninja:

Best Regards - Send those PM's for those that have played...

Alright, I probably don't have one in UNC. But then keep the Canadian nickel. I've got about 100 or so of them dated 1968 alone.

And thanks again. It took a lot of effort to do this one, but I guess getting 7 right the first time around didn't hurt things either. Not bad considering I started all of Jos's contests with 0-fers. LOL

Congrats Topher!

You only beat me by an hour or so. I had only a couple of combination to check. I stopped for a minute when I saw your post, and after I checked it, I knew it was all over :ninja:

Still I went on searching, and eventually found it too. So I'm ready for the next one ;)

Jos

Archived