CoinPeople.com

yukie tarnished Frankie... 1958..

Lucille

it graded:

58dd-8.jpg

Another classic overgrade due to coloration/tone. Gatta love TPG companies, lol. It's a nice coin, but I just can't agree with 66. 64-65 at the most, those marks bother the heck outa me.

Another classic overgrade due to coloration/tone. Gatta love TPG companies, lol. It's a nice coin, but I just can't agree with 66. 64-65 at the most, those marks bother the heck outa me.

Exactly the reason I agreed with syzygy. Anything with lots of color is normally overgraded, so 66 doesn't really surprise me that much.

Look at the Battle Creek Morgans. Without the color, 62. With it, 64*/65*.

You also have to realize you are making your decision from a exploded and large and highly detailed image.

I can garantee you that if you have any high grade slabb'd coins and I image them, many flaws would be exposed.

The hits that you see in the above images, are not that distracting when one views the coin in its normal size.

I'm also rediculously picky when it comes to anything above ms-65. The marks in the field, the head, to me shouldn't make the grade. Then again, grading is subjective, and I happen to be moreso than most on high grade coins. :ninja:

I'm also rediculously picky when it comes to anything above ms-65. The marks in the field, the head, to me shouldn't make the grade. Then again, grading is subjective, and I happen to be moreso than most on high grade coins. :ninja:

I am a very strict grader as well, however a MS66 coin will have a few hits, MS66 isn't a hit free or flaw free grade, though it is ultra gem and many examples come close to being hit free, if its hit free with dizzy color and luster you are then talking MS68 or MS69 which never happens on Frankies.

I have made 3 MS67FBL Frankies with PCGs, they were not hit free but were very close to being so.

It is true that dizzy color and strong luster makes for some awsome eye appeal which often does result in a bump in grade.

And to repeat myself, those hits are less less noticable on the coin seen by the eye in its actual size.

• 4 months later...

Archived