CoinPeople.com

Several hundreds for a garbage set

kisenish

One of the craziest auctions I've ever seen:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Seltene-Russische-Muenz...1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you think - how much this garbage set will bring? ;)

Looks like 2 or 3 idiot newbies trying to outbid each other ... or else they are all fake IDs. The seller has only 39 feedbacks, so maybe these are all sock puppets of his, trying to establish a "reputation" by accumulating good feedback after selling non-existent items to himself. I think this is probably the case, since he must realize that he would make MUCH more money by selling these items individually. However, then he would have to pay the listing fees for each item. This is the cheapest way to do what he is doing, IMHO.

How much will it bring?? Hard to say ... when you are selling to yourself, the sky is the limit! ;)

Seller writes: "Ich kann nicht versichern dass alle Münzen echt sind. Möglich die Kopien." (translation: "I cannot guarantee that all of the coins are genuine. Possibly the copies. [sic]" :ninja:

maybe these are all sock puppets of his

I think that is a distinct possibility.

Seller writes: "Ich kann nicht versichern dass alle Münzen echt sind. Möglich die Kopien." (translation: "I cannot guarantee that all of the coins are genuine. Possibly the copies. [sic]" :ninja:

Possibly copies? No, not merely possible, but dead certain. ;)

Archived