CoinPeople.com

Difficulty to assemble Paul I silver coinage

gxseries

Just wondering how difficult it is to assemble a set of Paul I silver coinage. Paul I's copper coinage is relatively easy (that is if you don't go for specific mint mark and year, varient etc, as well as the No mintmark 2 kopek)

This is my not-too-proud set but still, I can't find decent upgrades to replace with considering the outrageous prices this year:

1798/7(?) 5 kopek, worn

915434.jpg

1798 25k, worn, holed

917601.jpg

1798 poltina, holed, repaired, cleaned, scratched etc

905446.jpg

1799 ruble

901680.jpg

1800 ruble

905448.jpg

1800 ruble

905453.jpg

Anyone else experiencing the same difficulty? :ninja:

It would seem the prime difficulty in that task would be the financial burden involved.

Although grade is a huge factor, I believe there are both 5 and 10 kopecks silver offered by an ebay.de dealer, and also a polupoltina, currently heating up, from another seller. Of course, this assumes authenticity.

Just wondering how difficult it is to assemble a set of Paul I silver coinage. Paul I's copper coinage is relatively easy (that is if you don't go for specific mint mark and year, varient etc, as well as the No mintmark 2 kopek)

Anyone else experiencing the same difficulty?

Getting the silver coinage of Paul in decent condition is getting increasingly difficult. About 30 years

ago I made an effort to complete my set of the 1797 heavy silver coins and it took several years, and

a fair amount of luck, to do so. It has been my experience, for those interested in this particular set,

that the rouble and quarter rouble are the least difficult to find and the poltina the most difficult.

RWJ

Getting the silver coinage of Paul in decent condition is getting increasingly difficult. About 30 years

ago I made an effort to complete my set of the 1797 heavy silver coins and it took several years, and

a fair amount of luck, to do so. It has been my experience, for those interested in this particular set,

that the rouble and quarter rouble are the least difficult to find and the poltina the most difficult.

RWJ

I agree about the poltina. The 1797 5 kopeks is also hard to find, especially in decent shape.

RWJ

Here's a heavy rouble coming up for auction in the Hess-Divo sale (June 7):

1797 heavy rouble, Paul I

There is also a very nice Albertus rouble listed just before the heavy rouble.

:ninja:

Archived