CoinPeople.com

Chambre de Commerce d'Amiens - 1804?

Bramsen 399

Tresor Numis 6,6

Edwards 89

Should be 32mm and was struck for the Chamber of Commerce of Amiens by the Paris mint in commemoration of Napoleon's coronation on December 2, 1804. It was engraved by Andrieu and probably not actually engraved until 1805. That's about all I can dig up on it at the moment. :ninja:

Bramsen 399

Tresor Numis 6,6

Edwards 89

Should be 32mm and was struck for the Chamber of Commerce of Amiens by the Paris mint in commemoration of Napoleon's coronation on December 2, 1804. It was engraved by Andrieu and probably not actually engraved until 1805. That's about all I can dig up on it at the moment. :ninja:

Yes, it measures 32 mm.

Thank you, Vern

Yes, it measures 32 mm.

Thank you, Vern

You'll also find this jeton in CGB's `Jetons VII', catalogue of jetons for sale that have a focus on the various french chambers of commerce. Their catalogues are on the web (CGB.fr) but i'm not sure if their early ones have images. Worth a look to see as CGB's catalogues are an excellent resource. Looking at the hard copy, the entry while providing a detailed description of the jeton (and image) sadly fails to provide any reference source.

Archived