CoinPeople.com

Old Coins

gabbie

Hello friends I am new to the group and will need lots of help . I have alot of old coins and I wouldc like to find out if they are valueable. I Live in a small town and no one is very helpful about somthing like this .I hope some one can help me in this group.

Welcome. Perhaps you should start by picking up a RedBook at the local bookstore/library if you can't get pictures to post. It is very easy to use to id the coins. Then at least you'll know a range of prices.

I have 3 peace dollars 1922 and a liberty quarter 1896 and a 1925 standing liberty . I also have Indian head pennys1902,1906,1907,1896Lots of dimes Liberty nickles1906,1912,1894,1902

I have 3 peace dollars 1922 and a liberty quarter 1896 and a 1925 standing liberty . I also have Indian head pennys1902,1906,1907,1896Lots of dimes Liberty nickles1906,1912,1894,1902

You need more details, Mintmark, grade. You need to grade the coin and know the mint to get some idea of it's worth. That is the very minimum "Basics" to get anyone to speculate as to a price. if you provide a good picture someone should be able to help you grade them.

If you pick up a red book, they will have basic grading guidelines for each type of coin.

Welcome to CoinPeople! I hope you get your questions answered, learn many interesting things, make new friends, and maybe decide to stick around!

Regular Coin Museum

The above link is to the Regular Coin Museum - part of the Virtual US Coin Museum in the main coin thread. It is a fantastic resource that many of our most prominent CoinPeople have contributed to. You will learn some good things and resources about your coins there. It is helpful to the beginner and the advanced collector alike. Even if it's beyon what you are looking for now, you will find it interesting and browse it in your spare time! That's what I do :ninja:

Oh! Forgot one thing! Peace Dollars are my favorite series to collect and great for anyone of any skill level! If you get hooked on this stuff, start there of all the stuff you have so far.

Archived