CoinPeople.com

Poltina 1726 Katharina I on eBay

kisenish

Kisenish, I'm not an expert on this and actually you ARE the better expert than I am. ;)

Nevertheless, I don't think it's a counterfeit but if it is, I'm fooled again. :ninja: Does seem like it's worn unevenly - used to be a jewellery piece? ;) Does the seller allow you to return the coin back if it is proven to be a counterfeit?

I'll ask the seller. The bad thing is that I don't see the edge. I would also need to examine it closer with 20x magnification. I think the coin is ok, but it's polished / cleaned, not a really nice coin.

Sincerelly, I don't like three things:1) the tail of the eagle; 2) the rim on the Rv from 9 hour to 11: too sharp for the general grade of the coin, and 3) the emperess hair... it looks a bit different like in Uzdenikov's picture Group 5 B-b (russian letters :ninja: at page 171.

And the last thing I don't like, subjective one, is that suspect blue... I am very curious about the real colour of the coin...

I am not a Russian coin collector although I do find them interesting as well as all of the Russian coin related posts. I too thought that the hair detail just doesn’t look right on this coin. It looks like spaghetti, perhaps it has been tooled?

Archived