CoinPeople.com

Calling all Coinpeeps

28Plain

Does anyone remember who owns this image of the "Blue Proof" Gothic Crown I'm using for my avatar image? I've forgotten who posted it in the original CP forum before the re-establishment of the forum in its present incarnation by Anton. I've since had a crash and lost the original image file I saved and had to copy the tiny one in my profile. I'm hoping someone has the 800x800 image file saved somewhere and can share it with me.

I would like to use the image in my business on my kiosk sign and on my business cards as sort of a logo. Before doing that I want to ask permission of the owner of the original image. I really like the image and have it as wallpaper on my monitor. There are many images of gothic Crowns available, but I love the bluish toning on this proof.

Well, I used the pic as my avatar here first, but neither the pic or the coin belong to me. I believe that Gothic Crown sold for nearly $5,000 US to a collector in the U.K.

Lemme see if I can find the original photo. I swiped it off the 'net a long time ago.

Well, I used the pic as my avatar here first, but neither the pic or the coin belong to me. I believe that Gothic Crown sold for nearly $5,000 US to a collector in the U.K.

Lemme see if I can find the original photo. I swiped it off the 'net a long time ago.

Yes, I remembered swiping it from someone else here but couldn't remember who. Thanks a lot for looking. Merry Christmas to you.

Ed

These are the largest pics I have of that coin:

1847Gothic.jpg

1847GothRev.jpg

"Not me. I wish I owned that Crown. "

Well, do you happen to have an image file of the blue proof crown? That's as close as I'll probably ever come to owning that coin.

Nope. The photos above are the largest I have seen.

Archived