CoinPeople.com

"NUMISMATICA GENEVENSIS SA Auction No IV" RESULTS

Loyal Citizen

It seems very strange to me that many, if not most, of the lots went for TEN TIMES the estimate price!

I am shocked by these results, and I am curious to see what will come out on Monday.

Hey , BOBH!

Do not hold your breath waiting for the results. As I thought, there were no bargain there. The auction had pertty impressive stuff and , interesting enough, ALMOST everything decent went very high. I believe the investors (real ones, and not those who get bi-weekly paychecks) shifted interest from housing/stock market to commodities , including antiques.

I'm afraid that we'll have to wait for some time to find affordable stuff anywhere.

Regards, LC

Hey , BOBH!

Do not hold your breath waiting for the results. As I thought, there were no bargain there. The auction had pertty impressive stuff and , interesting enough, ALMOST everything decent went very high. I believe the investors (real ones, and not those who get bi-weekly paychecks) shifted interest from housing/stock market to commodities , including antiques.

I'm afraid that we'll have to wait for some time to find affordable stuff anywhere.

Regards, LC

Just checked the website. Prices are now posted in PDF form.

RWJ

One interesting lot, 1478, advertises 5 gold coins -- two of them 15 roubles of 1897, "large et moyenne effigies" (large and small head)! If this is true, whoever won it sure got a bargain (CHF 1,100). :ninja:

In reality, though, it was probably just two of the more common large-head varieties. Can anyone who got to inspect the lots in person confirm this?

Archived