CoinPeople.com

1826 rouble

florin232

We will need to see some kind of picture of what condition the coin is in. If it is cleaned, holed, damaged, etc, value will drop signficantly. If it is not damaged, prices may range from probably at least 50 to 200+ USD depending on the grade of your coin.

Whatever you do, I really hope that you have NOT cleaned your coin yet! Welcome to coinpeople by the way. :ninja:

Yep, interesting coin. Picture please.

I do not have a picture of the coin. I am a numismatist from Romania and i would estimate the coin to be VF++/aXF. I am intersested in the market value of the coin (someone offered it to me for about 100 eur and i wanted to know if it`s a fair price or not). I know that the price for russian coins has rocketed through the roof and i was kind of hoping that the 1826 old tipe would be a similar case... If it`s not to much trouble please inform me about the market value in this particular grade. By the way: the coin has it`s original color; it hasn`t been cleaned and i will certainly reccommend to any possible buyer not to ruin what history has built over 180 years. After all, we`re just keeping a coin for a number of years: it`s not ours for ever!

Here is a picture of a coin I used to have. I bought it on Ebay in 2001 (good old days) for $85. Like you said, the price for Russian coins rocketed through the roof since. I agree with BKB about the price for your coin.

OK, thanks. I appreciate the effort. I do not collect russian coins but it seemed a nice piece for only 100 euros. I regularly collect romanian coins, mostly the ones before 1901 in top condition. By the way if you have any i`m declaring myself interested. :ninja: Thank you again for all your effort, Florin.

Archived