CoinPeople.com

'Liberty Dollars' Can Buy Users A Prison Term

willieboyd2

The mint says spending the Liberty dollar could land you in prison for up to five years. Why does that not surprise me? Our government has shown itself to be perfectly willing to send an innocent man, without trial or legal recourse, to Syria to be tortured, so why not jail someone for spending silver?

'Liberty Dollars' Can Buy Users A Prison Term, U.S. Mint Warns

By Elizabeth Williamson, Washington Post

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Once upon a time, a "monetary architect" named Bernard von NotHaus decided to make his own money.

He put a beautiful Lady Liberty and a majestic flaming torch on the silver and gold coins, and he named them "Liberty Dollars." On his Web site, http:/ / www.libertydollar.org , he said: "It is fun to use REAL money. Liberty Dollars are a proven and profitable currency that protects and grows the purchasing power of your money!"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6100900993.html

:ninja:

• 1 year later...

[img] :ninja: [/img]

The mint says spending the Liberty dollar could land you in prison for up to five years. Why does that not surprise me? Our government has shown itself to be perfectly willing to send an innocent man, without trial or legal recourse, to Syria to be tortured, so why not jail someone for spending silver?

I have a 1922 lady liberty matte proof and i am wondering if they are only 3 in the world that can be accounted for,how much could this be worth? If anyone could give me some info on how and where to sale this coin i would be so thankful.This is for real i know you here alot of people claim they have this that and the other, but i am for real.Please help me? I can Email proof pictures if need be.coin_1d.JPG

Ron Paul is trying to push some legislation through to get this changed. I think a little competition for the fed would be healthy, but I wouldn't go as far as breaking the law to make my point. I think the current rules in place are too ambiguous to remain. The laws are really talking about counterfeit money. The reason the government doesn't like this privatized currency(Monopolies aside) is that it would be so hard to tax, if possible at all (I'm meaning sales tax/Income tax). They don't want to lose that tax revenue.

Archived