CoinPeople.com

1883-CC Vam-4A and PL 84-CC

Vfox

So today I wonder into my local dealers shop and he tells me the guy who just walked out sold him $3,000 worth of proof sets and 3 CC GSA morgans. I immediately ignore that (because I have no money for that sort of thing normally) and go on to get some random things....but something told me....take a look at them. The first box I opened held a beatiful PL borderline DMPL 1884-CC Morgan, and the second, much to my delight held a die clashed 1883-CC Morgan (Vam-4A as far as I can tell) I purchased both immediately. The 1884 was also struck through scrap or something behind the head, looks like fuzz but its an indentation in the coins surface, and not a scratch.

24e9fe0.jpg

24e9cg2.jpg

24e9esg.jpg

24e9eug.jpg

24e9izk.jpg

24e9j4o.jpg

WOW! What timing! Those are real beauts!

What was the third one?

The third I didn't buy, which I wish I did now, maybe (doubtful) it will still be there on friday. But it was another 1884-CC, VAM1 normal die state. It was still a MS63 or so, so at the price I should have just gotten it.

But, as much as I want to keep them, I will off them on eBay to get some extra cash for my other interests, mainly that MS $20 lib I keep slacking on saving up for. So tomorrow I will be placing these, and the 1896 PL on eBay. If anyone can't wait for the eBay auctions, you can buy any of these from me for the prices below.

1883-CC VAM4(possible VAM4A) at $220

1884-CC DMPL at $395 (a ms-64 dmpl is going for over $470 right now on eBay with a day to go!) And remember mine is also struck through scrap behind the head! (that little hair like impression is on the cap to the field) I don't know what VAM# to assign it, but it seems like it has faint die cracks all the way around the stars on the obv. and a notched 1 in 1884. Also there are slight indications of a possible die clashing where the chin meets the neck, and below the first curl on the head touching the forehead. Just a superb coin, I hate to see it go.

1896 PL which is in my omnicoin at $45, this coin is PL somewhat DMPL rev, but I'll just call it a PL, it is a weak strike and has some haze on the obv and rev. But at this price for a PL, it's not that much of a bother. Meh.

Also both of the CC coins come with the box and cert. of authenticity!

If anyone is interested in these coins, PM me and I will hold off on eBay. I do accept trades, but I would prefer just to outright sell these 3. Thanks.

tossed this over to the advertising forum before I head to eBay. I reduced the prices some for the CP peeps, if interested PM me, 2-3 days and they will be placed on eBay.

Archived