CoinPeople.com

Collecting supplies.....

superbeast1098

Can anyone point me in the direction of a website that sells 2x2 inch cardboard coin holders. I have looked through quite afew websites, but I dont need the quantity of holders that they are selling. I need a mixture of different ones for different sized coins......

I dont need like 100 of the ones for pennies, and 100 of the nickel holders...... I just need maybe 15 of each size to get started with.....

Anyone know where I can get those smaller quantities at?

Kewl..... does anyone have any of the 2x2 cardboard coin holders for different sized coins that they would be willing to sell?

Thanks in advance. :lol:

KFC :ninja:

Go to the ANA website, www.money.org, and find a DEALER in your area.

Hancock & Harwell Rare Coins

Robert L Harwell, II

Dealer Information

3155 Roswell Rd Ste 310

Atlanta , GA 30305

Phone: (404) 261-6566

Larry Jackson Numismatics Inc

Larry Jackson

Dealer Information

4920 Roswell Rd Ste 23B

Atlanta , GA 30342 USA

Phone: (404) 256-3667

Fax: 404-256-3668

Phoenix Galleries Ltd

Harry V Lamon, Jr.

Dealer Information

4415 Paces Battle NW

Atlanta , GA 30327-3023

Phone: (404) 231-1437

That's just Hot-lanta, not the other towns within an hour's drive. I know that 50 miles is a ways to go for some 2x2s but the point is that the shops have things that no online venue possibly can... such as a PERSON who wants to get to know you...

Collecting supplies... COLLECTING supplies or Collecting SUPPLIES....

I mean, have you ever thought of putting together a collection of supplies?

2x2s from different companies?

Flips... folders, and holders, lenses and loupes... books, of course... plastic holders for year sets... Folders, of course...

At the ANA Conventoin in Pittsburgh in 2004, one of hte Literature exhibits was of old 1930s coin folders.

Collecting supplies...

I dont have any coin dealers near me, and with gas prices the way they are nowadays, It might be cheaper to order online or buy some from someone here... :lol:

Plus, the way I look at it, If I can help someone on here make a few bucks, Im all for it..... :cry:

I agree..... Buying online can be less expensive than buying in stores sometimes, provided that shipping isnt overly expensive..... I would have to drive about 35 or 40 miles to alot of the dealers that have supplies, so that would be just as expensive as ordering online..... lol......

Plus, alot of times, online buisnesses have better prices than a brick and mortar store due to the lower overhead....

Odd you can't find any 2x2's. Local store near my parents has them, literally, stacked to the wall. Really cheap too. I buy them 100 at a time because I don't know when I'll be back there. Something like $2-$2.50 for the 100.

What kind were you looking for exactly? Like 20 of each from US dime to half dollar size?

I can find them in different sizes at a local hobby supply chain.... Problem is that Im just getting back into collecting coins, and this store wants almost 7 bucks for a pack of 30, and that pack of 30 is just one size (30 dime size or 30 quarter size, etc)...... Plus with the fact that I know I can find them cheaper either here or at online stores..... :lol:

I only have 34 coins in my collection (which I won in a contest from Mila Cent:) )..... These coins are world coins and all are different in size.... So I dont need very many to start off with. I would like to have some extras though, for when I buy some coins......

Im looking for about 15 or 20 of each size, that way I have enough to get started, and have some left over for future coin purchases, hopefully from some of the people here.... :cry:

Are the ones for $7 self-sealing ones? If so, that's probably why they are so expensive. If they are the regular ones that need stapled, it's a rip-off.

If I stop at the shop today I'll pick some up. Need more anyways and I can spare some. Hopefully I'll get a chance to stop, if not, I'll see if I have any extras for you.

... stacked to the wall. Really cheap too. ... like $2-$2.50 for the 100.

Which is why I recommended finding a coin store. It is not just to save a couple of dollars on supplies -- against the price of gasoline, ouch! -- but for everything else that the store will offer, not the least of which is SEVERAL KINDS of holders, 2x2, coinserts, and cointainers, interlocks and screw-down tubes ... and then there are the books... and, hey, COINS! ...

Two-by-twos at $7 for 30 at a hobby store is about right. Working for a local science museum, I had to be mindful of the fact that as a science business, we bought our stuff by the kilo, but the hobby shops sell it by the gram.

(See new topic about Coin Stores.)

Are the ones for $7 self-sealing ones? If so, that's probably why they are so expensive. If they are the regular ones that need stapled, it's a rip-off.

If I stop at the shop today I'll pick some up. Need more anyways and I can spare some. Hopefully I'll get a chance to stop, if not, I'll see if I have any extras for you.

That price is for the kind that uses staples..... If it were for the self seal type, I might have bought them... but then again, no variety packs.... lol.....

Let me know if you can spare some, and if so, how much you want for them..... :lol:

THanks to everyone who has replied to this thread. I greatly appreciate the info.....

Just got back. I do have the cent, dime, and half sizes for sure. Not positive on the nickel and dollar sizes until I go back home.

I will contact you around Monday night/Tuesday morning on what I have. Price will be at my cost plus shipping, which is still MUCH cheaper than your 30 for $7!

Archived