CoinPeople.com

old us coins

Hussulo

Hi I do not collect US coins but by father-in-law collects world coins but he asked me if I could post pictures of some of his US coins on here so that any we could get a picture oif the grade and value of these coins.

Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.

Looks like a pretty nice cud on the reverse along the edge.  I don't know if that adds any value.  It does appear to be cleaned.  As for BiggAndyy's value, I think that is conservative for a VF coin.

I agree with Jtryka on that price being a bit conservative, but if it was cleaned, it surely hurts the value sharply, but it looks better than a vf, more of an Xf. Cleaning would surely take it to a net F/Vf grade though.

Nice coins, the 1906 Liberty (or V) Nickel is absolutely superb. The brown chunk on the Obv rim distracts some though....I wouldn't advise trying to clean it though, it would possibly ruin that wonderful coin. The half dime as well is nice because it's just a fraction off center, which is always nice to see on older coins.

It would probably be easier to grade them seperatly in the Coin Grading Challenge section and split them up to three different posts. The 3 cent nickel 1870 looks close to au. Anywhere from 35 to 55$ The large cent I can't quite make out the year. Here it would be a real help having the info in a seperate post. Also it may help to try some other pictures with a little more resolution. I'm having a tough time seeing them clearly. (May be at my end?) They appear fuzzy.

Archived