CoinPeople.com

GardMaster Albums

Art

I had decided to get a GardMaster for my Canadian Small Cents in January and then one for Canadian Nickels in Feb -- but holy cow. The album prices aren't bad but I can't find a place to order them without paying huge shipping like almost the cost of the album. Album - 14.95 and the shipping is 9.95. That's about the least expensive I can find and it's only from Clearwater here in FL.

Must either find a far more reasonable source or wait until June and order multiple items to defray the shipping costs. Any suggestions?

If you order over $50 (I think), then you get free shipping to the US. Order direct:

www.collectorssupplyhouse.com

That's great. I've been to their site and completely overlooked the free shipping thing. Thanks you've really helped me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent an email with an order. Going to try the GardMaster albums for Canadian Cents and Nickels. Also going to try some folders they have - Slip_EZ Folders. Ordering some for US Cents and Nickels.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my Gardmaster albums and the folders I ordered in the mail yesterday. Initial observation is that I like the looks of them. The Gardmasters have this plastic poppost thing that replaces what used to be metal screw posts like Dansco has. I don't think I like that much. Without any use they keep popping open on the nickel and cent albums. Can't imagine them staying closed with coins in the books. Maybe they will because the whole album will "soften" a bit with use. We'll see.

If you order over $50 (I think), then you get free shipping to the US. Order direct:

www.collectorssupplyhouse.com

I did order from them and am very pleased with their service. As I mentioned the albums seem to pop open but that seems to be diminishing with use. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

I did order from them and am very pleased with their service. As I mentioned the albums seem to pop open but that seems to be diminishing with use. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

I've never had problems with them opening, but I'm glad yours seems to be diminishing. I like the fact that you can add pages easily, as I have had to do with my Canadian cents and nickels. I used to live not too far from them, but alas, I've moved closer to Toronto and have to aim for the free shipping. That reminds me, I need some new albums. (Loonies and Toonies.)

• 2 months later...

A further update on these albums. Now that I've been using them and the pages are getting creased on their seams they don't pop open anymore. I really like the albums and the display they give.

Archived