CoinPeople.com

low grade 1904-O Barber quarter

SlavicScott

915956.jpg

Actually got this from the cashier at the restaurant I work at. She thought it was Canadian, but I told her honestly that it was American, just old. (figured she could've easily read the date to know that it was 100+ years old).

I traded her a quarter for it, so that is what I have into it, and that's where we will start the bidding. The question is, how much profit do you guys wanna let me make from it :ninja::lol:

I will put it into a 2x2, and package it up decent, so postage will be $.63 US, $1.60 international. PayPal preferred, other payments accepted.

Since this is a holiday week-end, I will wait to close it until next Tuesday, Sept 5, at 9:00 est (GMT +5)

A crisp new $1 dollar note, a Jefferson/Monticello, 5 Lincolns, and a preprinted bulk rate postage notice from a piece of genuine junk mail.

ah, didn't know that...

let's see, what have we got more.....

oh, right, I also had three washers to accompany sacagawea and Kennedy :ninja:

I really like this coin. SO let's see.

Current bid:

sac

jfk

wash x3

WOW! That's like 2.25 in cash.

I'll up the ante a bit. I've got 2 nice $1.00 notes, two roosevelts, two jeffersons, and a bunch of cancelled US stamps that I have been meaning to send to T_3.

HEY! :lol:

How come you're not procrastinating here, Art????

where's ma roosies.......

OK, sackie, JFK, 3 wash, 3 roosies.

And the Yugoslavian stamps of course

I guess if I lose this auction, I might as well finally put those stamps into an envelope and mail them to T_3.

Let's see -- current bid T_3 :

sac

jfk

3 wash

3 roos

that's $2.55 plus a Yugo stamp.

I need to think about this for a while. I can't rush into things. I may be casting my children's inheritence to the winds. Must think. Must analyze. Must contemplate.

:ninja:

:cry:

;)

I guess if I lose this auction, I might as well finally put those stamps into an envelope and mail them to T_3.

Let's see -- current bid T_3 :

sac

jfk

3 wash

3 roos

that's $2.55 plus a Yugo stamp.

I need to think about this for a while. I can't rush into things. I may be casting my children's inheritence to the winds. Must think. Must analyze. Must contemplate.

:ninja: 

:lol:

:cry:

So back to the bidding thingy.

I still have to place an order for some banknotes for 2006 greeting cards. I have a site bookmarked that has a nice selection in reasonable quantites and at prices I could live with. I just have to decide on the particular notes. I have been thinking of getting a variety pack thing -- everyone gets something different but I'm not sure.

Oh yeah $2.55 is T_3's bid on this beauty. Plus some Yugo stamp or a rear bumper from a Yugo or something like that.

OK. 2 - dollar bills; 4 roosevelts; 4 jeffersons, 5 Lincolns, the stamps I have put away for T_3; and two different business cards from my careers/businesses.

They put a Yugo on a stamp? :ninja:

Speaking of the Yugo, yes I used to own one. At the time, I had a condo in Ft. Lauderdale with my daughter, and my wife & son had a townhouse in St. Louis. I used to trek up there to visit at least once a month, sometimes more often than that. That little Yugo never once failed to rise to the occasion. As a matter of fact, I once got stopped by a Georgia State Trooper, somewhere south of Atlanta. He refused to give me a ticket because he feared being ridiculed by his co-workers for writing a ticket for a Yugo he clocked doing 94 MPH. It was a downhill slope with a nice tail-wind, and I was in a hurry.

Speaking of the Yugo, yes I used to own one.  At the time, I had a condo in Ft. Lauderdale with my daughter, and my wife & son had a townhouse in St. Louis.  I used to trek up there to visit at least once a month, sometimes more often than that.  That little Yugo never once failed to rise to the occasion.  As a matter of fact, I once got stopped by a Georgia State Trooper, somewhere south of Atlanta.  He refused to give me a ticket because he feared being ridiculed by his co-workers for writing a ticket for a Yugo he clocked doing 94 MPH.  It was a downhill slope with a nice tail-wind, and I was in a hurry.

94MPH is around 170km/h??? Yugo can do that??? :ninja:

I drove in Germany some years ago an old VW Fox 1977 (carburetor) until 160km/h and oll others drivers into autobahn showed me :lol: Even now I am nostalgic about this lemon yellow car...

Speaking of the Yugo, yes I used to own one.  At the time, I had a condo in Ft. Lauderdale with my daughter, and my wife & son had a townhouse in St. Louis.  I used to trek up there to visit at least once a month, sometimes more often than that.  That little Yugo never once failed to rise to the occasion.  As a matter of fact, I once got stopped by a Georgia State Trooper, somewhere south of Atlanta.  He refused to give me a ticket because he feared being ridiculed by his co-workers for writing a ticket for a Yugo he clocked doing 94 MPH.  It was a downhill slope with a nice tail-wind, and I was in a hurry.

I remember the Cadillac dealer in California during the mid 80s that was advertising a free Yugo with your Cadillac purchase.

Archived