CoinPeople.com

Wheat Cent Error

Hey All,

I am a long time hobby collector but new to this forum. I bought a small bag of assorted coins from an estate auction today and found a very interesting Wheat Cent. I havnt ever collected error coins and was hoping to get some info on this topic.

I found a Wheat Cent that is the same on both sides (ONE CENT Wheat Side). Has anyone run acrost one of these before?

Thanks

Mike

You can probably use the scanner or just move back some from the coin and use a program (Such as paint) to copy and paste in to a new smaller size. For posting try placing the images on Photobucket its free and gives a nice size to the pics.

Odds are its a magicians coin. I.E. one made for use in tricks. Without some fairly high magnifaction you may not be able to see a line.

After you mentioned a line and high magnification I got out my sons microscope and gave this coin a look. It looks to have a line around the inside of the rim of the coin. I also got out a micrometer and measured the thickness of the coin. It is slightly thicker than the average wheat cent. Its begining to look like my great find is turning into a fake.

I used the flat bed scanner and got much better results than the digital cam but it still leaves out the details needed to make a conclusion. Next time I go to a coin show I will take it and see what some of the dealers have to say.

Thanks for all of your input. This is a very informative forum and I look forward to following future posts.

Thanks

Mike

Archived