CoinPeople.com

Help on a French? Coin.

Hussulo

Good grief, just exactly where can i find this `bargain bin' you've been dipping into? I think you have got yourself a real bargain there! :ninja:

I have a small collection of the 1/2sol, sol and 2 sol coins. The type are often referred to as `tablet sols' because of the depiction of the constitution on the obverse (written in stone) and sometimes known as `sols au balances' because of the scales / balances on the reverse. these tend to be graded in accordance with a number of factors, not the least of which is being able to read the inscription on the tablet. Needless to say, the vast majority of those which have survived into present time are in grades of VG and lower. Those in Fine or VF tend to command strong interest at auction in France.

My Krause gives a figure of $40 in VG and a figure of $150 in fine. You are the best judge of grade as you have it in hand. How accurate these figures in reality, I really couldn't say. I haven't bought any of these for a few years now but if you're selling, let me know. ;-)

:ninja: Now that would be telling! I will consider your offer Ian, as I usually only collect British coins but I did like this one as it is large (like the size of a five kopeck coin).

The guy I bought it from says he is going to dig out a Henry VIII groat with a nice portrait (very clear he says) for 80 pounds. Can't wait to see it!

P.s. The condition is pretty much as per scan. Do you have any nice British coins to tempt me with I could be interested in a swap deal?

:ninja: Now that would be telling! I will consider your offer Ian, as I usually only collect British coins but I did like this one as it is large (like the size of a five kopeck coin).

The guy I bought it from says he is going to dig out a Henry VIII groat with a nice portrait (very clear he says) for 80 pounds. Can't wait to see it!

P.s. The condition is pretty much as per scan. Do you have any nice British coins to tempt me with I could be interested in a swap deal?

I'm pretty sure i've got a UK coin somewhere with your name on it. :-)

If there is any particular denominations / dates you are looking for or type that you are interested in then PM me. It would help to know what might tempt you.

Thanks GDJMSP I picked it up in the bargain bin allong with some others it cost me about 1 to 2 pounds was this a descent purchase?

:ninja:;);)

What I want to know is - how big was the gun you held on the guy ?? :cry:

But seriously Hussulo, you might want to take a look at this link HERE - it will show some recent realized prices for coins similar to yours. It does not list your particular mint mark however and prices would vary for that.

And Ian, Vern - I might just crawl out of my hole and bid against you two. Well, on second thought, I'll leave it for you guys :lol:

Thanks GDJMSP for all your help. I guess sometimes you just get lucky (but it doesn't happen to me often!).

Since there are a few people interested in this coin I am going to put it up for sale in the for sale section. The sale will be in the form of an auction with the highest last bid being the winner! I guess this is the fairest way.

So if anyone fancies it please feel free to make a bid.

Good Luck! :ninja:

Archived