CoinPeople.com

Someone's going to be very disappointed...

bobh

Advertised as an "uncirculated 1910 rouble" (now how much would that be worth???):

LINK to eBay auction

Even if it were truly uncirculated and not AU harshly cleaned, as this poltina seems to be, it would only sell for around $200. I sent the seller a message yesterday, but so far they haven't responded. Since the seller mentions the word "rouble" in many places throughout the description, I think the attempt at deception is fairly obvious. Can we do anything about it without being guilty of "interfering with an auction"? We would be interfering, for example, by sending the bidders warning messages, as I understand it.

Who knows - UNC poltinas are getting quite hard to find these days and if you can find any, please let me know. I think 200 dollars is startinfg to become a norm these days for later years of UNC poltinas.

Indeed the seller gives a terrible wrong indication of the denomination, but as far as I can see, the buyers don't seem to be foolish enough to waste that much money either.

Afterall, how hard is it to recognize the difference between 1 ruble and especially with the figure "50" kopeks in the front there? :ninja:

To me it looks cleaned, and not even aUNC.

Though I may be wrong with my tired eyes today... *yawn

Archived