CoinPeople.com

Mint error?

grimm

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled upon this site and thought it would be a good place to ask a question. If this is the wrong forum, please let me know. I found a 1994 D penny in my change that has what looks like a serrated edge. The penny is just slightly smaller then a normal penny and is thicker on one side then the other. The top reverse is weakly struck. Has anyone ever seen a penny like this? Thanks,

Grimm

What he said. A little fast help on pictures. (There is a few nice articles here on coinpeople which would really help more, but heres a fast explanation.)

Set up you coin with at least one light shining close by. See if you can get a nice close up with digital camera. Take a few each side to choose from. Drop it over to your computer, and open with m.s. paint. (Or other program.) In paint choose "select" copy the coin close to the edges, and paste them to a new picture. Upload your new pictures to some where such as photobucket. (Free) copy the link in the errors forum. Try to get shots of front/back/side. It would help a lot.

Archived