CoinPeople.com

RUSSIAN COPPER ?

THUMPER

HI .. I'M NEW HERE .. MY NAME IS MIKE (THUMPER) AND I COLLECT 18 TH CENTURY RUSSIAN COPPER .. ANYONE ELSE COLLECT THE SAME ?.. THANKS

Hello Thumper,

I collect Russian coins, especially 18th century stuff. Most of my coins are silver but I also collect copper. My favorite Russian coin in my collection is the grivna copper plate I showed a few threads back.

Welcome to coin people. :ninja:

Hello Mike,

Of why I didn't read this post, apologizes in advance for I being a blind bat.

I am not an avid collector of 18th century copper coins - I only get them when they are cheap, or has some unusual properties, such as overstriked coins.

Indeed, to collect type set of Petr I can be a daunting task and in the end, can get quite costly - and hence, my lack of unattentiveness in this copper area.

A warm welcome!

THANK YOU FOR THR WARM WELCOME. THERE ARE NOT MANY COLLECTORS OF OLD RUSSIAN COINS. I AM A MEMBER OF THE RUSSIAN NUMATIC SOCIETY, BUT THERE IS NO INTERACTION THERE. I ALSO AM A FAN OV OVERSTRIKES, OVERDATES, AND STRIKE ERRORS. MY BEST IS A 1755 BAROQUE KOPEK OVER A KRESTOVEK WITH A DOT BY THE DATE AND MINTMARK. NOT IN ANY BOOKS FOR THAT YEAR. LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR INTERESTING FINDS.. THANKS .. MIKE

When it comes to overstriked coins, I believe I have a few nice pieces, although they are not the best overstrikes that might exist out in the Russian copper numismatic field.

These two are the following examples of Anna overstruck on Petr I kopeks:

1730 1 denga overstruck on 1717 1 kopek:

901694.jpg

1731 1 denga overstruck on 1716 MD 1 kopek:

901697.jpg

What I am missing is an Anna polushka overstruck on the 1728/29 kopek series.

What appears next is probably a bizarre epilogue of overstriking events:

1757 2k over 1756 baroque 1 kopek over an unknown Krestovek

901659.jpg

Another example is this, but with three clear visible years:

1759 2kopeks over 1755 baroque 1 kopek over 1727 Krestovek 5 kopeks!

903396.jpg

The rest will be the common 1762 and 1796 overstriking event :ninja:

902085.jpg

901736.jpg

901737.jpg

There seems to be other rare overstruck copper coins, which involves patterns, but I would not dare to come across it yet because of the price factor.

Archived