CoinPeople.com

A far traveled euro bill ... not.

tabbs

Many of you will know bank note tracking sites (such as wheresgeorge.com). Well, I use a similar one, called EuroBillTracker http://www.eurobilltracker.eu ... and had a "hit" today!

Yeah, big deal. But I am not a cashier or anybody who otherwise deals with lots of paper money, so my "input" is not terribly significant. And today I got a notification that a €5 note that I had entered back in June was found by another EBT user.

So far I had only had one hit (where I was the one who got a previously entered note). So I was kind of impressed by today's hit. Now how far did that note travel during those six months? Exactly 22 kilometers ... :ninja:

Christian

Ah, I'm listed there too, Christian, and I have one hit.

My hit isn't really spectacular either, only 139 km in 269 days. I was the first one to enter that €20 note.

Value of the entered notes: 3585 €

Average value per entered note: 14.28 €

Separated by denomination

5 € 89 445 €

10 € 88 880 €

20 € 48 960 €

50 € 26 1300 €

;)

I have two hits!!!

:ninja:

I missed that one completely (the emails go to an account I barely check....)

Distance: 173 km, in 587 days. I entered it first and recently it was entered again.

This note was printed by Giesecke & Devrient (Germany - Munich/Leipzig) for The Netherlands

I'm ranked second in Bolsward, out of 9 registred members. But there's only 4 members active, the rest have entered 0 or 1 note.

Distance: 173 km, in 587 days. I entered it first and recently it was entered again.

Hey, so much later - that is neat! And no, I don't really know that other user from Bolsward, just noticed that city "tag" which one EBT forum member uses ... It was kind of funny; I read the place name and thought, hm, who do I know from there? :ninja:

Christian

I've often wondered how interesting it would be to have a tracker or something on acoin and watch where it goes over a few weeks

Yes, coins tend be be quite "local". You can notice that in several countries with more than one minting facility. Especially the low value pieces do not travel very far ...

Christian

What's 22km? About 10 miles? I know it's not far.

22 km would be 13.7 miles.

Yes, coins tend be be quite "local". You can notice that in several countries with more than one minting facility. Especially the low value pieces do not travel very far ...

It can also be noted by the amount of "foreign" coins in change, in euro land.

The larger denominations are pretty well mixed here in NL, approx 50% is Dutch, the rest is "foreign", with a most German and Belgium. The smaller denominations are less mixed, and finding "foreign" 1 and 2 cent coins is a challenge, specially now "rounding" is getting more common in stores and those small coins aren't used much anymore.

Archived