CoinPeople.com

15 Morgans in 14 Days! Anacs Graded! Pictures!

Stop Motion

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, it looks like a GREAT place to learn a TON of stuff!! :ninja:

I just wanted to post some coins I just received from Anacs! By the way, I would Highly Recomened them! Great Prices, Fast Service, Nice people, etc.!!!

Here are the grades:

1880-S: MS 62

1880-S: MS 62

1880-S: MS 63

1880-S: MS 64

1880-S: MS 64

1880-S: MS 66 !!!!!! WOW!!

1879-S: MS 63

1879-S: MS 64

1879-S: MS 65 Cameo PL !!! WOW!!

1881-S: Ms 63

1883-O: MS 64

1883-CC: MS 63

1890: MS 63

I'm VERY VERY happy with the MS65 Cameo PL and MS66!!! ;)

STOP MOTION

ms65_1.jpgms66_1.jpgms65_2.jpgms66_2.jpg

Great coins, I would really like to see what they graded a 66(What it looks like up real close), just courius becouse thats a high grade.Maybe some day when time permits you can show us.What coins to you lean twords,morgans? or others? Or all like me!! :ninja: and Welcome!!

Hey,

Thanks for the the Kind comments! I will try to post a close-up of the MS66 very soon! :ninja:

I had another question: I have searched Google, ebay, Heritage, etc. and can't find any coin graded MS65 Cameo PL, execpt 1 which was on ebay in 2004, which I have no idea how much it went for.

What are your guys opinion on this coin?

Thanks,

SM

Hey Stop Motion, Welcome to CP

I'll try this ? again, Why did you have all these Morgans graded?

So many duplicates are you planing on selling them??

The reason I ask is I see so many people sending in coins to be graded, but they seem to hang on to them. I have quite a few Morgans but never could see why having them graded made any difference for common date coins. I can see have a coin athenticated. Now if I were going to sell them then it would be worth the $. I guess I'm just trying to understand the grading phenom. What were your reasons for sending them in??

Hey knowtracks,

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your post.

Here is my story:

I have just recently got into coins. I have learned tons, and I love it! Morgans are my Favorite at the moment. I love how big they are and they are very cool, in my opinion.

I was at an Auction that had advertised 1 roll of Uncirculated morgans.

I think it was 16 coins I won and brought home with me that night.

I paid $26 for the 1880-S and $28 for the 1879-S ungraded.

They just sat around for a little while and then I sent 2 of each for a test grade, which was my first time to grade coins.

I was shocked at what they came back as: 1880-S: MS63, MS65, and 1879-S: MS64, MS64 Cameo PL! I thought they would just come back as MS60's.

I then decided to send the rest i had which are listed above. I was very shocked at the return on the MS65 Cameo PL and MS66, I thought I had sent in the best ones I had the first time I submitted.

To answer your question, I really sent the second batch for grading in hopes they would come back MS63 or so. That way I could sell them and Keep the high graded ones for me.

For some reason Common coins are not worth a whole lot until a Professional Grading Co. has slabed them. So, my plan is to sell the lower grades in the near future.

I only really need 1 of each date or at the most 2, but I felt they where a good deal at the auction, so that's why I bought them all.

Hope this clears some stuff up.

SM

Hey Stop Motion, Welcome to CP

I'll try this ? again,  Why did you have all these Morgans graded?

So many duplicates are you planing on selling them??

The reason I ask is I see so many people sending in coins to be graded, but they seem to hang on to them. I have quite a few Morgans but never could see why having them graded made any difference for common date coins. I can see have a coin athenticated.  Now if I were going to sell them then it would be worth the $. I guess I'm just trying to understand the grading phenom. What were your reasons for sending them in??

Archived