CoinPeople.com

The Century Competion

Ætheling

I'm thinking about ressurrecting the Century competition. Would there be any interest in this?

For those that don't remember the trial run we had way back, it goes like this;

I ask for budding volunteers (people that like a challenge) to step forward, say we get 8 people who enter.

I then show two coin pictures, one of a 21st century coin and one of a 12th century coin. The 8 entrants are then allocated a century between these two coins.

The first peron has to find a 20th century coin that relates to the 21st century coin on either a design level or an historical level. Once they've found that the next person has to find a 19th century coin that links in with it... and so we go back.

Each person gets a set time period to do this in (say 2 days)...

Sound good?

Another competition i feel like hijacking from CU forums is Coin Uno... basically you have to match a coin either by design or by date.

So i post a 2002 Linoln cent, the next can post another 2002 coin or they can post a 1910 lincoln cent... and the competition goes on from there...

I'm sat here trying to think up a few more as i type.

Guest Stujoe
Another competition i feel like hijacking from CU forums is Coin Uno... basically you have to match a coin either by design or by date.

I am up for either, of course. I had thought the Coin Uno thing might be pretty cool here too. Maybe by date, country, and major design feature (like Bridge and Bridge or Lion and Lion)? That might link up across US and World pretty well.

Archived