CoinPeople.com

Tokens from a bulk bag Buy

IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3268.jpg
IMG_3291.jpg
Have no idea why the tokens are on a lead wire seal other than to kept them together since they are mixed states.
IMG_3297.jpg
Same both sides.
And for those that may not know the numbers on the tax tokens, are not referring to cents tax. It is referring to mills which are 1/10 of a cent. Since most of these were used in the starting in the 20's/30's people balked at paying full sales tax on small value purchases.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very neat tokens. I really love the string group with the lead seal at the end of the wire. That's a great find. Anything on the lead seal?

Neat. I guess counterfeiting wasn't much of a consideration on sales tax tokens. This is a great collection you're assembling.

Very nice. I really like the soap coupon thilng. I guess they collected the coupons and then reused them. Neat idea and something that some of the modern coupon issuers should consider. Reuse being a basic principle of conservation of resource and all that.

IMG_3300.jpg
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3261.jpg
IMG_3266.jpg

Very nice. I really like the soap coupon thilng. I guess they collected the coupons and then reused them. Neat idea and something that some of the modern coupon issuers should consider. Reuse being a basic principle of conservation of resource and all that.

Speaking of soap, Yesterday while sorting thru stuff in the bathroom storage closet at my mothers house I found these

FullSizeRender%20334.jpg

FullSizeRender%20335.jpg

The older members might remember the commericals for both of these soaps in the B&W TV days.

The Seattle '62 medals made a neat series - the gold pieces are pricey and don't come up often, but the silver sets in whitman folders do pop up now and then and are very pretty.

Don't know if it is in the same series, have another os the so called dollars from that fair I will be posting in a couple days.

Nice tokens. That savings bank token sure shows how times have changed. I believe we took the kids to Sunken Gardens many years ago -- like in the 70s.

I am jealous of the Ontario multi-metal coin I remember seeing this when I first started collecting coins (and my budget was more limited) and totally wanted it. Also Lava soap is some good soap. I remember when I played trumpet in high school they recommended lava soap for cleaning the instrument.

I like the holiday bars. They make a nice gift for someone and most are quite pleasant looking.

Nice copper rounds. I haven't paid much attention to these items as I prefer to collect copper via wheaties when the mood strikes me. But I do like the designs you're showing us. Maybe a bit more attention is in order. Local coin club show in Feb is usually a good source for these items.