CoinPeople.com

ANACS type 1.1 Sample Slab

rjp

Here is one of my old ANACS Sample Slabs.

At Sampleslabs by C. Kiefer it is list as type 1.1

And in the new book Sample slabs by David Schwager it is listed as ANACS-025-1-1

ANACS Sample 25c T1 obv.jpg ANACS Sample 25c T1 rev.jpg

Yes, I do collect the plastic but that's because I just can't afford the proofs from the 1880's and modern coin age just doesn't do it for me.

So collecting the plastic is a way for me to enjoy the hobby for kings that I can afford. And I also collect all that plastic that is out of business and there are some odd balls out there.

:P

Like this one I attached.

MCCS 1962 Franklin half MS64 obv.JPG MCCS 1962 Franklin half MS64 rev.JPG

Very cool. Have you figured out if some of the defunct companies are out of business because of poor grading?

Yes there is a number of them for that very reason. and that's where you need to know something about grading and value.

I see a lot of MS-70 coins for sale on eBay at very high prices but in a out of business holder these people think they have a valuable coin but it only grade a AU-58 at best and nobody want it at a bargain MS price.

Yes, I do collect the plastic but that's because I just can't afford the proofs from the 1880's and modern coin age just doesn't do it for me.

So collecting the plastic is a way for me to enjoy the hobby for kings that I can afford. And I also collect all that plastic that is out of business and there are some odd balls out there.

:P

Like this one I attached.

attachicon.gifMCCS 1962 Franklin half MS64 obv.JPG attachicon.gifMCCS 1962 Franklin half MS64 rev.JPG

Neat. I remember these slabs. I never got the rounded bottom thing.

One of my favorite sample slabs - not ANACS but...

6802222393_3aa2214e07_b.jpg1921 1D PCGS Sample obv by Art OConnell, on Flickr

Here's an ANACs sample slab.

6114393266_0039217aa6_b.jpgANACS 2005D Ocean View 5 Cents Sample rev by Art OConnell, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

Sample slabs with Morgan and Peace dollars are common and for sale on ebay all the time.

PCGS has the 1921 PDS Morgan and I have only seen one 1923-S peace dollar for sale.

NGC has lots of both dollars in the sample slabs. I have even seen them graded MS-60 with a green CAC sticker, Don't know why they were not gold stickers, I guess just beat up dollars in the holders.