CoinPeople.com

Notgeld text questions... with JPGS

notgeld

Greetings,

It has been a while, and I have been busy scanning and transcribing.

To start with, I will list scans of notes I still have questions about. Hopefully the brilliant minds here can assist me. Do note, I have google translate in use.

If asked, I might start another thread showing all notes I have.

Jack

50 pfenning, 1921, Prince's Return (2).jpg 50 pfenning, 1921, Prince's Return.jpg 50 pfenning, 1921, Prince's kidnapping (2).jpg 50 pfenning, 1921, City Hall 1564.jpg 50 pfenning, 1921, City Hall 1564 (2).jpg

We will shall start with Altenburg.

My main questions I have here involve he rose and the white hand.  I have no idea what the white hand stands for.  Also there is a rose.  My first thought was that it was the Luther Rose.  Recently I have started to wonder.

50 pfenning, 1921, Prince's Return (2).jpg 50 pfenning, 1921, Prince's Return.jpg 50 pfenning, 1921, Prince's kidnapping (2).jpg 50 pfenning, 1921, City Hall 1564.jpg 50 pfenning, 1921, City Hall 1564 (2).jpg

My main questions I have here involve he rose and the white hand.  I have no idea what the white hand stands for.  Also there is a rose.  My first thought was that it was the Luther Rose.  Recently I have started to wonder.

50 pfenning, 1921, Prince's kidnapping.jpg

Nice notes. I used to have a list of websites that I used for translation and information on these notes but in changing systems and moving to Chrome vs. IE, I lost a lot of that info. I'll look around and see what I can find.

Greetings,

After a bit of thought as I finished adjusting the scans, I am going to list all my notes, not just the ones with which I have questions.

Again, those that can offer any information will be appreciated greatly.

Jack

10 pfenning, 1921, dt (2).jpg 10 pfenning, 1921, dt.jpg 10 pfennings, 1921, a  (2).jpg10 pfennings, 1921, a .jpg10 pfennings, 1921, A (2).jpg10 pfennings, 1921, A.jpg first group of Arnstadt 10 pfennings. This along with the rest in following posting tells a tale. But what tale I do not know. This group is supposed to be Anti Semitic. Perhaps if I understood the story line, it would help to see this. German help asked.

You may have to use a photo storage sight such as flickr for the remainder of your notes. The site does funny things when you run out of photo storage space. Sorry that you're not getting much play on your notes here. I'm guessing the folks who know about them are on a "vacation".

• 4 years later...
On 7/4/2015 at 11:47 PM, notgeld said:

50 pfenning, 1921, Prince's kidnapping.jpg

The rose is the coat of arms of the Burgraves of Altenburg, The hand symbolizes the market jurisdiction, on the small shield is the black Meissen lion.

regards