CoinPeople.com

Korean Empire coinage 1888 - 1910 digital album

gxseries

This took a ridicious amount of effort to put together and I am certain I will not be making a similar album any time soon!

I first started getting a hang of this back in 2009 which is almost good five years ago. Back then, prices of various Korean coins were all over the place - some of the more common ones were actually quite expensive and prices for some of the less common coins were more affordable. Varieties remain very illusive and have often popped up in the market once in the blue moon. I missed purchasing one particular coin that I haven't been able to find up to now.

Some of the key dates will cost more than an arm and leg! The last time a decent 1899 5 fun coin was sold - this is a key date, I believe it was in the five figure mark so this is not an easy set to accomplish. A lot of the nickel coins in particular 1897 - 1901 (except 1898) are extremely uncommon and they average in the high four figure mark.

So why do I leave all those holes open? I am thinking this could be an album that may take decades if not the next generation to take over. Still - some of the coins in this album just don't appear in the market in ANY condition! For instance 1896 1 fun, 1893 5 fun (large characters), 1907 1/2 chon, 1894 1/4 yang etc.

I leave you this link for your enjoyment:

I think you'll get the hang of zooming in to see the details of the coins. Just click anywhere in the page to get a medium zoom and there are some icons at the bottom right for bigger zoom. Enjoy!

Beautiful job. That's quite a nice collection you have built and a wonderful album app to display it. Best of luck in finding some of the items you need to fill those holes.

Fantastic, GX! I seem to remember you doing something similar with another series a few years ago. I wonder if you could distill the template to something easy to use so others can do the same