CoinPeople.com

5 ROUBLES 1853 ... FAKE OR GENUINE?

actelios

Hi guys,

I need your help. I would have the possibility to buy the following roubles, it looks very nice but the price is too low in my opinion..

I have asked the guy who is selling to provide me with a picture of the weighted rouble ... he did it !

at the end, this rouble would weight 6,53 grams ...while in some on line catalogue I have seen that the real weight should be 6.544 grams ...

can you help me ?? do you know which is the tolerance for that roubles ? if it is original ... how much it would worth?

thanks a lot !

Giuseppe

DSCN7164 compr.jpg

3649721256 compressed.jpg

3649721256_2 compr.jpg

Ok the cleaning does nto worry me a lot. It is not so bad and I cannot see lines or scratches... the problem is ... the tolerance ! 0.015 grams ... are too much or not ?

It looks cleaned for a start but I cannot comment on the authencity. It looks good but again, I am not well versed in this type of coinage.

I have read a thread here regarding 10 roubles gold, in which a member of the forum was explaining that each he gold coins were weighted that time .. and the maximum tolerance could be 0.01 grams ...

Ok the cleaning does nto worry me a lot. It is not so bad and I cannot see lines or scratches... the problem is ... the tolerance ! 0.015 grams ... are too much or not ?

It looks cleaned for a start but I cannot comment on the authencity. It looks good but again, I am not well versed in this type of coinage.

I have read a thread here regarding 10 roubles gold, in which a member of the forum was explaining that each he gold coins were weighted that time .. and the maximum tolerance could be 0.01 grams ...

there was a mistake ... the tolerance was 1/10 of gram.... I guess all should be ok ..... :)))

there was a mistake ... the tolerance was 1/10 of gram.... I guess all should be ok ..... :)))

I think it was actually 0.05g but in either direction (+/-), so some coins could differ by a total of 0.1g in weight and still be OK. Uzdenikov's reference gives more details. In reality, though, there were probably some (very few) occasions when a coin exceeded this limit. 6.53g seems OK to me. And the coin looks nice ... I don't know why anyone would have to clean a gold coin, though, unless they dug it up somewhere! The pictures are not good enough to tell if this coin has been cleaned or not.