CoinPeople.com

1981 Mongolia Tugrik

brg5658

This is a one year type coin commemorating the 60th anniversary of the Mongolian Revolution of 1921. This particular coin tends to come with a lot of "chatter", and often with muted luster due to the "baggy" look. I'm not sure how this gem escaped the fate of most others I have seen of this type, but the full luster and glowing aluminum-bronze composition make for a very attractive design. Note that the proper reverse of the coin is that with the soldier (Damdin Sükhbaatar) on horseback and large numerals "60". The obverse also bears the image of a (smaller central) horse as a part of the national arms of Mongolia. Note that a coin similar in design, but with the numerals "50" on the reverse was minted in 1971.

The revolution of 1921 was a military and political event by which Mongolian revolutionaries, with the assistance of the Soviet Red Army (communist), expelled Russian White Guards (anti-communist) from the country, and founded the Mongolian People's Republic in 1924. Although nominally an "independent" country, the Mongolian People's Republic was a satellite state of the Soviet Union until 1990. The revolution in 1921 also ended Chinese occupation of Mongolia, which had existed since 1919. The official Mongolian name of the revolution is the "People's Revolution of 1921" or simply the "People's Revolution".
1981_Mongolia_Tugrik_NGC_MS66_composite_

Sorry for the multiple posts. I keep getting an error when I post, and it looked like it wasn't posting. SORRY! Administrator please delete the duplicate posts.

Thanks,

-Brandon

PS, this is the error text I keep getting on this forum:

Warning: Base directory HTML_PURIFIER_PATHcache/tmp does not exist, please create or change using %Cache.SerializerPath in /home/omnicoin/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php on line 133

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/omnicoin/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in/home/omnicoin/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114