CoinPeople.com

1773 Ruble geniune and rare ?

onslow

Hi All,

I got this from the local coin shop the other day for $80. I think it is 1773СПБ ЯБ and It weights 23.24g.

Looking at the NGC world coin price guide VG8 is about $180. I believe mine is about F-12. However i just wanted to get an feedback from the experts of how much this could be worth and what you think about the coin in general.

photo(1)_opt.jpgphoto(2)_opt.jpg

photo_opt(3).jpg

this coin is for a beginner, very low shape, I would not buy it for myself, IMXO, btw, welcome to coinpeople !

Onslow, I think the coin is well worth the $80 :). Sure it has seen much circulation but - imagine what it may have been through in the past 240 years. If it only could speak. You own now a piece of history.

Sigi

-

Thank you all , appreciate the information and welcome. I have been looking at the MA shops and coins about the same condition seems to be priced way higher. But that doesn't mean they will sell at that rate I guess. I don't collect coin to make a profit by reselling but I still have very limited budget, so the concern of did I do well buying. Like Sigi mentioned I love to have a historical piece and started reading about the Catherine the great which gave me an opportunaity to learn something new about the history.

ma-shops items are OVER priced - I was wondering who buying coins there ?

True they are in the high end of the retail. In US we don't have much choice of buying World coins. I have seen coins in local coins shows much more expensive than in MA shops. The last coin show I went had only 5 dealers selling world coins out of 100.

I have shopped there few times but or not do expensive items. I like the quality and the risk buying her compared to ebay. Some of the s reputed ebay sellers sell coins higher than MA shops as well.

Perhaps you have some recommendations for dealers with fair prices who ship outside Europe ? Most of the MA shop dealers do not ship outside Europe.