CoinPeople.com

Massive $10 note margin error

ZriePrakis

Sometimes there's a fine line between "poor quality printing" and "error". Usually cutting errors are distinguished by a piece of the next note over appearing in the margin. So unfortunately I'd say this is a "bad cutting job" and not an error.

Dave

A neat example of an off-centre cut note!

But as Dave notes, in most fields of ephemera (paper collectibles such as paper money, baseball cards, and stamps), if the entire design is still within the paper, it is generally considered ironically not to be an error, but rather rather a faulty piece.

Dave & ccg, thanks for the replies! It just seemed odd to me that there is zero top margin on the front & a semi-healthy top margin on the back. After looking around, though, it seems that if the print isn't affected in any way, it doesn't qualify as an "error." Ah, well. It's still worth $10! :yes:

Dave & ccg, thanks for the replies!  It just seemed odd to me that there is zero top margin on the front & a semi-healthy top margin on the back.

The back of the US $10 has much wider margins than the front.