CoinPeople.com

My World Coin Bucket List

DreamFLight911

These are the counties I need to finish my World Coin/CoinStar colllection

Europe - Belarus, Ukraine, Serbia, Luxembourg

Unknowns - Kosovo, Montenegro (don't know if these are euro)

Asia - Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kyrghizstan, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Vietnam

Africa - Algeria, Angola, CFA Franc, Burundi, Cape Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Libya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sao Tome e Prinicipe, Sudan, South Sudan

Oceania - Cook Islands, Papua New Guinea, Niue, Solomon Islands, Tokelau Islands, Tuvalu

Unknowns - F. S. Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Palau (US Dollar?)

Americas - Uruguay

These are the counties I need to finish my World Coin/CoinStar colllection

Europe - Belarus, Ukraine, Serbia, Luxembourg

Unknowns - Kosovo, Montenegro (don't know if these are euro)

Asia - Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kyrghizstan, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Vietnam

Africa - Algeria, Angola, CFA Franc, Burundi, Cape Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Libya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sao Tome e Prinicipe, Sudan, South Sudan

Oceania - Cook Islands, Papua New Guinea, Niue, Solomon Islands, Tokelau Islands, Tuvalu

Unknowns - F. S. Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Palau (US Dollar?)

Americas - Uruguay

Interesting list. Please give us a bit more detail about what you're looking for to make this list work. Grade? Denomination? Anything at all from that country?

Nice, you are pretty close to the whole shabang there!

Recently I went through my World coins book and wrote down the name of each 20th century country that I don't have a coin from. This is an attempt to curb my random semi/modern world coin purchases I recently and give myself some collection focus. There's a good 75 countries on the list still (not including countries/areas that don't have their own circulating coinage). One day I'll polish that "set" off, though I am in no hurry to actively seek them out.

However, there is the big coin show tomorrow and I have a pocket full of money... Purchases might be made :)

Getting close to the end! Luxembourg, the Ukraine, Vietnam, Laos, Nepal, Ghana, and Uruguay are probably the easiest ones to strike off as all should be findable in any 50c or less world coin bin.

For most of the others, a good challenge would be getting a circulated coin - while it may be tempting to buy a NCLT (this includes BU circulation coinages that are primarily made for sale to collectors in the West) to fill in a spot, I found it very exciting when I was able to come across circulated examples for tougher countries - my Sudan piece, for example, was from the 1970s but only G/VG.

Interesting list. Please give us a bit more detail about what you're looking for to make this list work. Grade? Denomination? Anything at all from that country?

:doh: Nevermind -- it's your coinstar collection. I somehow missed that on the first go round. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

the club is South Brevard, they also do the coin show in Melbourne

I think that Dan goes to the Melbourne show sometimes. He's a great guy. You might want to pm him and see if he has any insights on this group for you.

• 2 weeks later...