CoinPeople.com

US Mint 2012 Stuff

Art1.2

There are some news releases on the US Mint website about 2012 issues and dates. I'm sure they'll be updating it soon but here's what they have so far.

2012 Release Schedule

01/10/2012 2012 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™

01/12/2012 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Vicksburg National Military Park

01/17/2012 2012 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set™

01/23/2012 America the Beautiful Quarters Bags and Two-Roll Set – El Yunque (PR)

02/07/2012 2012 America the Beautiful Quarters Three-Coin SetTM – El Yunque

02/09/2012 2011 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins™ – Chickasaw National Recreation Area

02/16/2012 Infantry Soldier Silver Dollar

02/16/2012 Chester Arthur $1 Coin Rolls

02/23/2012 2012 United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set™

2012 Native American Dollar design

2012-NA$1_thumb_LineArt.jpg

2012 America Quarters Designs

2012_PR_thumb.jpg

2012_NM_thumb.jpg

2012_ME_thumb.jpg

2012_HI_thumb.jpg

2012_AK_thumb.jpg

Chaco is my favorite of this group.

And I only just now bought the 2011 unc, proof, and silver proof sets--they are still sitting next to the box they shipped in. (And they were still selling 2010s and I realized I had forgotten last year.) Alas I've missed out on the silver eagle proofs now. And those have had a tendency to go up in the aftermarket.

Until your post, I never realized that the Mint still had the 2010 and 2011 sets for sale. I guess 2010 sets have tomorrow as their final sale date. WOW! That's weird. I can remember when the window to purchase was much shorter.

The quarters look nice though I think with low relief the Hawaiian one may not look that good.

I've lost track of how many (circulation) $1 coin types there are now :(

Each year there are four new Presidential dollars and the Native American dollar.

Until your post, I never realized that the Mint still had the 2010 and 2011 sets for sale. I guess 2010 sets have tomorrow as their final sale date. WOW! That's weird. I can remember when the window to purchase was much shorter.

Given the fact that I almost never see _any_ America the Beautiful quarters (or whatever they are called) in circulation, and absolutely never see a dollar coin, indicating few are being made--it might be a good investment to buy a lot of Unc sets since 20 years down the road they may be the only realistic way of collecting these coins.

• 1 month later...

Still haven't seen the release dates for the 2012 Proof and Silver Proof sets and Mint Sets. Anyone have any info?

Oh, I like the Sac Dollar---Looks like it may have some ARTistic Value--May have to order a box or two to look through----

Also the Denali with the Big Horn Sheep looks interesting as well

Archived