CoinPeople.com

Banknote Help

Art1.2

I have this note and would like to know about it. (I'm thinking of selling it). Please help.

935711A.jpg

935711B.jpg

It's circulated and a bit wrinkly with a small tear at the top. The tear is about 1/4 inch and not easily visible but it's there. Can someone help with Pick#, value, year, etc.

Thanks.

I've seen it in the banknote forum a few times. Great looking note. Sorry that I can't help. Maybe we should have people tag their posts so we can search images too.

I have this note and would like to know about it. (I'm thinking of selling it). Please help.

935711A.jpg

935711B.jpg

It's circulated and a bit wrinkly with a small tear at the top. The tear is about 1/4 inch and not easily visible but it's there. Can someone help with Pick#, value, year, etc.

Thanks.

Equatorial African States P5 1000 Francs ND 1963

2 types of notes

Engraved Code Letter D. Block #1-5

Litho Code Letter D. Block #7-.

That's a beautiful and quite rare note, Art. I can't think of the last time I saw a decent one for sale, but I'm guessing in the condition you've got, you should get $100-200 for it. But that's a guess, not from any data I've tracked. "Les Billets Africans" (2000 ed) lists it around 50E.

Dave

That's a beautiful and quite rare note, Art. I can't think of the last time I saw a decent one for sale, but I'm guessing in the condition you've got, you should get $100-200 for it. But that's a guess, not from any data I've tracked. "Les Billets Africans" (2000 ed) lists it around 50E.

Dave

Thanks Dave. That's good news for sure. Maybe I should give it a go on ebay. Or do you have another suggestion for a place to sell it?

Equatorial African States P5 1000 Francs ND 1963

2 types of notes

Engraved Code Letter D. Block #1-5

Litho Code Letter D. Block #7-.

Thanks for the info..

That is a nice note, Art1.2

I checked around, and I don't know if it helps you or not, but that note graded by PMG at AU50 sold on Spetember 7, 2011 at Heritage Auctions for $920.00.

Might be a wise investment to have it slabbed.

Might be a wise investment to have it slabbed.

I wouldn't think so. Neither of the primary TPG's grade according to the IBNS grading standard, which is what's used for non-US notes, and neither grades the same as each other, either. Look at the top companies selling French area banknotes, you will see no mention of any slabbed banknotes. Put it in a mylar holder, and grade it according to the IBNS scale - that's the norm.

I'm going to guess eBay might be a decent place to sell it.

Dave

I wouldn't think so. Neither of the primary TPG's grade according to the IBNS grading standard, which is what's used for non-US notes, and neither grades the same as each other, either. Look at the top companies selling French area banknotes, you will see no mention of any slabbed banknotes. Put it in a mylar holder, and grade it according to the IBNS scale - that's the norm.

I'm going to guess eBay might be a decent place to sell it.

Dave

Thanks Dave. A little more research on my part and off to ebay it goes.

I've listed this note on ebay. Take a look at the listing if you'd like and feel free to make suggestions. The ebay item number is: 260927485195

Thanks

Archived