CoinPeople.com

CHINA SHANTUNG PROVINCE 2 CASH 1906??

chuckster

Hello, I am trying to check out several Chinese and Far East coins that I am going to sell. They are indeed very difficult to interpret...especially when I speak/write only English!!! Have been reading lots on this site andlearned alot!!! Thanks for all of everyone's dedication and friendliness!!! I have attempted to attach a file of one of my coins that I saw sell for $6700.02 on e-bay recently...mine is not graded, but pretty nice really!! Will attempt to post pics/scans to online web album so better clarity coming soon...Thanks again for All of You and your Expertise/Devotion!!!....chuck

Top.jpg

Hello again....I have finally succeeded in uploading to Web-Album...intend to add others of this type within next day or so....Thank You GxSeries!!!!!....BTW, I hve spent countless hours looking through your collections....Congrats...Nice work, and Very Professionally presented!!!

Hi Chuckster,

If you're using a scanner, you may wish to turn up the DPI to allow further enlargement of pictures.

The auction you reference is of a mint condition piece. For Imperial Chinese copper coinage, the price jump between near-mint and mint is huge, and from there it generally drops off considerably.

A common 10-cash for example, may sell for $1-2 in well-worn condition, $5-10 in mid grade, $10-20 in near mint, but $hundreds or even $1000+ (that would have to be a spectacular brilliant gem) for a nice recognized third party graded piece in mint condition.

2-cash and 5-cash have lower mintages and so far better.

Archived