CoinPeople.com

1964 nickel Ex WL question

Avoozl

On the 1964 Nickels were about is the extra water line located? I had an idea, but then earlier I seen another pic that says its an EWL but its located in a different area so now im not sure.

I believe its a small line on the left side right under the KG almost touching it.. Is this correct?

And any one have a good close up photo of one, all I have found don't have real good clear shots of it

Thanks

I believe the extra water line runs through the KG initials. Never seen one, but then again, I never bothered to check either.

Thanks, so that one was prob the legit one I saw then. Nice knowing exactly were to look to help speed up my searching, I have been roll searching for some time trying my luck but haven't had any yet.. (looking for more then just 1964 of course) prob gone through about 150+ nickel rolls so far and haven't seen a extra water line yet.

Another one im looking for that im not so sure about is the W mint marks for 1998-2000 I read some place that they were minted in Winnipeg meant to test in vending machines.. Then seen a ebay add for some 2000 W that claim they were never in circulation and only put in sets. Does any one know more about these W mint mark coins? maybe im wasting my time searching for them if they wer only in mint sets, but the 1998 ones should at least be in circulation if they were for vending machine testing.

The EWL is tough. I wouldn't buy it though, as it has a thin market and would be hard to sell back.

The test coins were the 1999P. A quantity was struck for use in testing, and distributed to vending machine operators. Later, 25000 sets were struck and sold for $100 each.

The "W" mint mark coins were simply regular proof-like sets that were struck in Winnipeg instead of Ottawa. They are not circulation, or test pieces.

On the 1964 Nickels were about is the extra water line located?  I had an idea, but then  earlier I seen another pic that says its an EWL but its located in a different area so now im not sure.

I believe its a small line on the left side right under the KG almost touching it.. Is this correct?

And any one have a good close up photo of one, all I have found don't have real good clear shots of it

Thanks

I had an ewl here awile ago the line just comes below the intials to the point it almost touches it.

I had an ewl here awile ago the line just comes below the intials to the point it almost touches it.

Thanks for the correction. I don't have one of the variety guides kicking around, so I'm a bit rusty on this stuff :ninja:

Archived