CoinPeople.com

1997-date Silver proof set question

KoRnholio

Looking in my Charlton guide at the Prestige sets of 1997 to date, as I have an opportunity to purchase a large amount of them.

For some years I see an "ANA edition" as well as a "CNA edition" of the sets. Some of the prices for each type are quite a bit different. What is the difference between them? Is it the colorized vs regular proof versions?

Not familiar with those, but I'd guess that they probably refer to different packaging, such as those for the 1970 nickel dollars, the 1973 RCMP silver dollar, and the 1977 Throne silver dollar.

Not familiar with those, but I'd guess that they probably refer to different packaging, such as those for the 1970 nickel dollars, the 1973 RCMP silver dollar, and the 1977 Throne silver dollar.

Yeah I'm not familiar at all with them either. Generally I stay far away from new mint products ;)

In Charlton this CNA/ANA edition only comes up for 1997 onward, and sporadically.

For instance for the 2007 sets there is:

1997 Loon/Hockey/Bear mintage: 113,647, Issue price $79.95 Trend price $60

1997 CNA Edition signed Cournoyer / Ferguson Mintage N/A Issue price N/A Trend price $125

1997 ANA Edition signed Gilbert / Park Mintage N/A Issue price N/A Trend price $110

The others at later dates, some of the CNA/ANA's have issue prices and (low) mintages listed, others no data/unknown.

Very confusing and there's no help in any descriptions in Charlton about them.

Yeah I'm not familiar at all with them either. Generally I stay far away from new mint products ;)

In Charlton this CNA/ANA edition only comes up for 1997 onward, and sporadically.

For instance for the 2007 sets there is:

1997 Loon/Hockey/Bear mintage: 113,647, Issue price $79.95 Trend price $60

1997 CNA Edition signed Cournoyer / Ferguson Mintage N/A Issue price N/A Trend price $125

1997 ANA Edition signed Gilbert / Park Mintage N/A Issue price N/A Trend price $110

The others at later dates, some of the CNA/ANA's have issue prices and (low) mintages listed, others no data/unknown.

Very confusing and there's no help in any descriptions in Charlton about them.

Thanks for the examples - looks like indeed, they are packaging variants:2007 Proof Set, CNA convention

Funny thing about modern proof sets is that their premium over BV is rather thin.

Thanks for the examples - looks like indeed, they are packaging variants:2007 Proof Set, CNA convention

Funny thing about modern proof sets is that their premium over BV is rather thin.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah it is rather unfortunate that they are essentially worth BV. But it's bound to happen when most of the "value" of modern sets like this comes from the pretty packaging. This is what I am trying to explain to the potential seller at the moment, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived