CoinPeople.com

1893 25 kopek

russia_coins

Coin looks genuine .. after all it's not so rare to produce fakes in this condition..

About patina: possible that someone helped a little ;)

with it - probably coin was cleaned and than made patina to cover unatural look..

On the other hand I saw so strange natural patinas that who knows :yes: ...

Thank you ! I've suprizingly won this coin for 310$. I think it's a good deal for bitkin's "R" coin. I remember few years ago in russia the same condition coin was priced over 1000$.

Somebody else ? :)

Thank you ! I've suprizingly won this coin for 310$. I think it's a good deal for bitkin's "R" coin. I remember few years ago in russia the same condition coin was priced over 1000$.

Somebody else ? :)

as you know (if you dont so you will) it is hard to decide from the pictures but it seems to me that this coin was placed into iodine solution to be looked as XF condition after

there is a difference in price between VF and XF: $200-300 to 800-1200

Do you think I shouldn't pay 300$ for it ? If it's a copy, has somebody already saw such a nice copy of this coin ?

if this coin is genuine( I think it is from the picture) then it is up to you how much to pay for this condition ( I gave price range on it above), if your collection consists of majority coins in VF so it is another addition to that, if my friend's collection consists of most coins at least in UNC condition - I like to visit him to observe and enjoy the lillle show :)

Archived