CoinPeople.com

my collection went high

Karl the collector

hey guys it was a long since i didnt chat,its still me karlthecollector.

my collection went very high this month.

i got lot of coins and banknotes and stamps.

my best one is

coins:

1942 one rupee

italian 5 lira 1949

american quarter dollar 1917

buffalo 5 cent 1937un din peru coin 1864

lebanese 1 piastre 1925

lebanese 2 paistres 1940

spanish two pesetas 1884

banknotes: 10 zlote 1936

please help me identify this coins:

it has a picture of some royal emblem on the side of the emblem it says MEA 1752 and the right side it says TU DOMINE SPES

the other side of the coin has a picture of person head its says FRANC.D.G.R.I.S

and on its rights side A.G.E.R.I.E.R.E.R.R.E.X

my other coin has a large V on it theonly the thing i can read it says LE TAXI

please tell what they are,cointry,currency and worth. :ninja:

On topic - Nice collection you have going there. I've added tons of notes and coins to my collection thanks in part to the people here.

Off topic - I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Rome: Total War. They need to make a second one darnit! :ninja:

it has a picture of some royal emblem on the side of the emblem it says MEA 1752 and the right side it says TU DOMINE SPES

the other side of the coin has a picture of person head its  says FRANC.D.G.R.I.S

and on its rights side A.G.E.R.I.E.R.E.R.R.E.X

my other coin has a large V on it theonly the thing i can read it says LE TAXI

please tell what they are,cointry,currency and worth. :ninja:

Tu Domine Spes Mea 1752 - Token. I think it is french, I saw lots of them on ebay.fr. Cheap.

About the second I do not know nothing. But sure I am that must be token.

Tu Domine Spes Mea 1752 - Token. I think it is french, I saw lots of them on ebay.fr.

Could also be an Austrian coin. "FRANC.D.G." would then be Emperor Franz. And I think there are many "copies" of that piece around ... But sorry, I don't know very much about those coins.

Edit: Here is such a copy ...

http://membres.lycos.fr/zigounette57/numis...ivers/tu_domine

Christian

Yes, the "Liberty Nickel" (late 19c/early 20c) had such a big V - the Roman numeral - indicating the face value of 5 cents. Canada also had a 5 cents coin with a V, made in 1943-45. That V was inspired by both the V on the US nickel and Churchill's victory sign. But on neither of the two pieces you find anything like LE TAXI ...

Christian

thanks :ninja: but im wondering why it is not valuable since its in 1752.

the v coin is weird its says le taxi and the other words are not readable.

in the 1975 coin can anyone tell me what is it like: 10 centimes, franc?????

Yes, the "Liberty Nickel" (late 19c/early 20c) had such a big V - the Roman numeral - indicating the face value of 5 cents. Canada also had a 5 cents coin with a V, made in 1943-45. That V was inspired by both the V on the US nickel and Churchill's victory sign. But on neither of the two pieces you find anything like LE TAXI ...

Christian

it has a V on both sides with inscriptions.same thing.

sorry if im asking lots of questions but the baffulo nickel its 1937 it looks silverish.

can some one tell me how to get a good pictue of a coin and how to post it.

sorry i forgot.

i didnt visist the website for a long time.

thanks :ninja: but im wondering why it is not valuable since its in 1752.

The piece in the picture is not valuable since that is a copy, about 10 to 15 years old. The original >250 yr old coin may well be worth quite a lot, but I am not really familiar with those coins ...

in the 1975 coin can anyone tell me what is it like: 10 centimes, franc?????

Hmm, which one? Did you mention that one elsewhere maybe?

As for how to make a picture of a coin, well, if you do not have a digital camera, you could use a scanner instead. The results will usually not be quite that nice, but for identification purposes it should be sufficient.

Then, if you click on "My Controls", there is - in the Menu on the left - an item called "Your Albums". You can create a new album and add pictures to it. Or use OmniCoin to upload a picture ...

Christian

Archived