CoinPeople.com

Is this on the rise?

gxseries

Seems like I have been noticing horrible examples of such hacked accounts, such as, the last transaction the seller has made is in the year 2000 and all of a sudden, he's selling ultra rare products (or coins). The only payment he would accept? Wire transfer or money order - geez, how useful, with them getting away perfectly and you have no buyer's protection.

Also, where the registeration of the seller or the item is located seems exceeding dubious, like Ukraine (Sorry, Ukraine Dvi :/), or some other Eastern European nations. (I am not going to name any sellers just in case I made a wrong judgement)

Now, is this what you are noticing too or am I totally wrong?

Seems like I have been noticing horrible examples of such hacked accounts, such as, the last transaction the seller has made is in the year 2000 and all of a sudden, he's selling ultra rare products (or coins). The only payment he would accept? Wire transfer or money order - geez, how useful, with them getting away perfectly and you have no buyer's protection.

Also, where the registeration of the seller or the item is located seems exceeding dubious, like Ukraine (Sorry, Ukraine Dvi :/), or some other Eastern European nations. (I am not going to name any sellers just in case I made a wrong judgement)

Now, is this what you are noticing too or am I totally wrong?

I have noticed a marked increase in the sheer number of attempts via email to *get me* to update my ebay account. These things emails are much more convincing than the earlier pedestrian attempts with unknown URLs and mispelled words.

Archived