CoinPeople.com

Russian coins and catalogs - from Estonia

sigistenz

It is difficult to do business with Russia - the problem being how to pay.

So I bought the Yusupov catalog (2 heavy volumes, 2.9 kg of weight) from Estonia.

I was very impressed by the fast professional and friendly service :clapping:

For the sake of fellow collectors I would like to recommend the company.

Hit the link below. Sigi

http://www.coins.ee/bs-jusupov---vene-impeeriumi-mundid-1699-1801-2

-

So I bought the Yusupov catalog (2 heavy volumes, 2.9 kg of weight) from Estonia.

Hit the link below. Sigi

Thanks for the link, Sigi! :art:

I saw this catalog advertised elsewhere and was thinking of buying it. Now that you have it, how does it compare to Bitkin (except in size and weight, which sounds similar -- 2 heavy volumes -- :weight_lift: )? Does it have more varieties than Bitkin? Any price information? Rarity scale?

Thanks for the link, Sigi! :art:

I saw this catalog advertised elsewhere and was thinking of buying it. Now that you have it, how does it compare to Bitkin (except in size and weight, which sounds similar -- 2 heavy volumes -- :weight_lift: )? Does it have more varieties than Bitkin? Any price information? Rarity scale?

Hi Bob, good to hear from you. To give you an idea - Brekke listed 7 variants of the 1704 kopek - Yusupov no less than 53! See photocopy of a page (one out of 4 1/2 of the 1704 kopek). Book is large format, pictures original size. Yusupov lists IT prices in the 2nd row and his in the 3rd.

BTW - My collection starting with 1758, I don't need the 1st volume covering 1698-1725, will part with it at €50 plus postage. Anyone interested? Sigi

yusupov.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Bob, good to hear from you. To give you an idea - Brekke listed 7 variants of the 1704 kopek - Yusupov no less than 53! See photocopy of a page (one out of 4 1/2 of the 1704 kopek). Book is large format, pictures original size. Yusupov lists IT prices in the 2nd row and his in the 3rd.

BTW - My collection starting with 1758, I don't need the 1st volume covering 1698-1725, will part with it at €50 plus postage. Anyone interested? Sigi

[image links snipped...]

Hallo Sigi! Thanks for the details! :clapping: Looks like a very interesting work.

(PS -- I think you might have a hard time selling just one volume -- someone might be interested in the earlier years now, but would probably want the later ones at some point in the future. In which case he/she would still have to either buy both volumes OR find some kind soul [such as yourself!] who would sell just the other volume alone...who knows, maybe you will now get interested in Peter the Great?? :crazy: )

Hmmm ... I found this, but it appears to be a single volume and is selling much cheaper:

Yusupov catalog

What is the difference? :confus:

Bob, what you found is the 1995 edition, probably 2nd hand, mine is from 2003 and new.

Alex, yes, I will send you the photocopies as PM but it will take a few days.

:yes: Sigi

Hmmm ... I found this, but it appears to be a single volume and is selling much cheaper:

Yusupov catalog

What is the difference? :confus:

I have that one. It has an overwhelming volume of information (most of it from Ilyin and GM), interesting but hard to understand since it has very few illustrations compared to the data presented. There is a 1999 edition, also single volume, which is (IMHO) the 1995 edition but with perhaps more illustrations (but for the most part all pulled out of the GM plates) and they are better arranged, also that one has some pricing information. I passed on that one since by that time I already bought the Bitkin catalog (1st edition).

The 2 volume 2004 I have not seen. It must have more info (since it is 2 volumes), and does not cover the 19th century.

Sigi how do you feel about it in regard to all the 5 kopeeks that you collect? Did you find out anything that interests you? I was not that interested in hair splitting analysis in the previous editions such as the "last 2 digit in the date are closer".

Hit the link below. Sigi

-

I bought the same place Wolmar catalog.good service and no problems

Archived