CoinPeople.com

New Zealand coins and a few others

Hi all coin people. I have recently come into a full sets of New Zealand coins from 1933-1966. These include pennies, half crowns, threepences etc and the odd crown. I also have, or should i say i think i have a george iii death 1820 bhm#995. I also have some coins dated as early as 1811. I also have a 1911 gold sovereign. I am looking to get this valued as i have no idea how much all this is worth so i can insure/ sell them. So who should i talk to and or what should i do? I put some picks on if any one want to look at specifics

crowns.jpg

crown.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Yes we need pics if you want any opinion on the coins in questions. It would also both worth speaking to some dealers in your area for valuations.

Sweet, I'll scan the ones that I have no real idea about the value or what they are

Yes we need pics if you want any opinion on the coins in questions. It would also both worth speaking to some dealers in your area for valuations.

Also, as far as dealers go, the nearest one that can tell me is 4hrs drive, the only indication is on www.trademe.co.nz and this is only the main coins

Hi all coin people. I have recently come into a full sets of New Zealand coins from 1933-1966. These include pennies, half crowns, threepences etc and the odd crown. I also have, or should i say i think i have a george iii death 1820 bhm#995. I also have some coins dated as early as 1811. I also have a 1911 gold sovereign. I am looking to get this valued as i have no idea how much all this is worth so i can insure/ sell them. So who should i talk to and or what should i do? I put some picks on if any one want to look at specifics

scan0003.jpg

gold george.jpg

Hi Kerryn, here one of mine.

967706.jpg

George III Death Medal 1820. Obv. Name of Jehovah in Hebrew above rays shining down on Imperial crown.FEAR GOD, HONOUR THE KING. Rev. THE LORD'S PRAYER. BHM# 996 RRRR. (Highest rarity in BHM) Br. 25mm by Kettle.

As to value, just look on eBay to see what the sovereigns are going for. The George III medal, though it is extremely rare, does not normally go for more than $20-$40 canadian on eBay. That said, if they were advertized properly they might go for more.

Hope this is of help to you.

007-1.jpg008.jpg

This is BHM#995;

Obv. Similar to No. 994. Laureate head of George III, right. GOD PROTECTS THE JUST

Rev. Name of Jehovah in Hebrew above rays shining down on Imperial crown. FEAR GOD HONOUR THE KING

Br. 25 by T. Kettle. RRRR. Highest rarity in BHM, in an unusually nice condition.

New Plymouth. There was on shop here but the old boy pasted away couple months ago

Was it the "The stamp shop" in Devon St East? because that's the only one I could find a listing of in NP.

Looks like the nearest option in Parmy North were I could find two listings Harbour City Coins & Palmerston North Stamp Centre. I never dealt with any of these companies as I live across the ditch so I can't vouch for them.

Outside of that you'd be looking at Auckland or Wellington.

Hope that helps!

Was it the "The stamp shop" in Devon St East? because that's the only one I could find a listing of in NP.

Looks like the nearest option in Parmy North were I could find two listings Harbour City Coins & Palmerston North Stamp Centre. I never dealt with any of these companies as I live across the ditch so I can't vouch for them.

Outside of that you'd be looking at Auckland or Wellington.

Hope that helps!

yeah, that was the stamp shop, parmy is bout 3 hours. I think the easiest thing to do is look at trademe if i want to sell them, but if i am going to get them insured, its a day trip.

Archived