CoinPeople.com

Canadian Quarter

freshjiive

All I see is a greyish line. Is it raised, sunk in...?

If you could provide a closer-up picture, that may help - thanks!

Hi there,

Unfortunately I only have my iPhone as my camera and that was the closest I could get it and still be clear. As for it being raised or sunken in, I believe it's sunken in or flush with the rest of the surface. I don't think it's raised as when I drag my finger over it it doesn't stick out like the lettering. What would cause this do you know?

Unforunately there's just not much I can say - it could just be someone drawn/painted on.

It might be a problem with the plating, but without a close-up look, I'm leaning towards saying that it's some sort of alteration or damage rather than an error.

Unforunately there's just not much I can say - it could just be someone drawn/painted on.

It might be a problem with the plating, but without a close-up look, I'm leaning towards saying that it's some sort of alteration or damage rather than an error.

I have a larger version of the picture but can't post it due to the size

I can email it to you if you like?

Just pm me your email addy

I have a larger version of the picture but can't post it due to the size

I can email it to you if you like?

Just pm me your email addy

You can open a free account at a site like imageshack or omnicoin to post/link bigger pictures. Make sure you crop it so that only the coin is showing too.

Thanks! The mark seems to be something on the surface, and not affecting the coin itself structurally, so I'm going to say not an error. Might be from a coin counting/processing machine.

I simply double clicked on your first photo and it blew it up really nice. However, as to that line on your coin. Not sure how it happens but really common on lots of our Cents from the 1980's. I used to save all that type of error until I realized how common that was. Not sure what causes it but it is from the Mint that way and not post mint damage. Also, not what you would consider a double stamped coin either.

Archived