CoinPeople.com

1766 Ekaterina on eBay

allen.moore

What blew me away was a whole series of these from the same seller (in addition to the 1766 Ekaterina). I mean, a 6 or 12 roubles minted in silver instead of platinum? A Constantin offered on eBay? I tracked the sale just for grins and giggles. People actually paid good money for this stuff!

What blew me away was a whole series of these from the same seller (in addition to the 1766 Ekaterina). I mean, a 6 or 12 roubles minted in silver instead of platinum? A Constantin offered on eBay? I tracked the sale just for grins and giggles. People actually paid good money for this stuff!

I would recommend to acquire best illustrated catalog for example Boston reprint of Grand Duke Georgii Mikhailovich so pistures of real coins from this edition can be compared to some of ebay fake-items :ok:

I snagged the image on the left from moneta.ru, a Volmar auction (#215) from last year. The image on the right is a current offering on eBay. Fake? I think so...

You compare it with the wrong coin. This trial and one of the rarest rubles of imperial Russia. So-called "special PORTRAIT. On the eBay course fake. That is true:

1766-1.gif

1766-2.gif

You compare it with the wrong coin. This trial and one of the rarest rubles of imperial Russia. So-called "special PORTRAIT. On the eBay course fake. That is true:

+1,

also welcome to coinpeople, 4965577 ! :friends:

Boy o boy... This photo brings back the memories. I remember that sale. There was also a pattern 1730, 1736 Hedlinger, 1762 Yudin, 134 with a split date, 1756 Livonez, etc. I still do not have that catalog. What year was it? 2008? Thank you for the image. While it is a photo of the same coin, it is different from the catalog image, as far as I remember. Also, there would be a watermark. Is this your coin?

Boy o boy... This photo brings back the memories. I remember that sale. There was also a pattern 1730, 1736 Hedlinger, 1762 Yudin, 134 with a split date, 1756 Livonez, etc. I still do not have that catalog. What year was it? 2008? Thank you for the image. While it is a photo of the same coin, it is different from the catalog image, as far as I remember. Also, there would be a watermark. Is this your coin?

This coin (the 1766 Pattern) appeared in the MiM39 (October 2006), Lot 138. According to the PRL, it was unsold. You're right, this image is different, but the coin is the same.

Archived