CoinPeople.com

Grivennik on eBay

allen.moore

Fellow offering the 1713 Grivennik says he understands why his coin might be considered a fake, and I got this message from him:

"Sorry to bother you again but I am having a hard time believing that this coin is a fake or a least a fake of the coins that I have seen pictures of because if they went to the trouble of faking it surely they would have got the detail correct . I wonder would you mind running the new pictures by your expert . The colour in the photographs is pretty close to that of the coin ."

He says he bought a "box of 500 old coins" and this is the only suspect one in the bunch. One unusual thing about it is that this coin is only 1 gram, where the others of this date and time seem to be around 2 grams. I didn't post the edge picture, but it does look thin.

What do you think?

And if I tell you that a rock in my backyard is from the Moon, because I saw it dropped there by Mr. Armstrong who just got back to earth? No chance that there is a plain stupid Earth rock in his pocket?

Who gives a sh*t what his story is? We heard plenty over the years, including one about a guy on ebay that won gold 25 ruble coin playing cards...

Look at the item. That should be enough, I think.

reffer the seller to this forum see how his fake is going after ;)

Actually, I had an email conversation with the seller. He was so concerned about the coin being a fake that he did the next right thing. Since he couldn't take it down from eBay, he contacted the buyer (in Canada) after the sale and cancelled the transaction. Seems the coin shall remain, for the time being, in Ireland.

Actually, I had an email conversation with the seller. He was so concerned about the coin being a fake that he did the next right thing. Since he couldn't take it down from eBay, he contacted the buyer (in Canada) after the sale and cancelled the transaction. Seems the coin shall remain, for the time being, in Ireland.

:clapping:

do you have the link to that sale? I wonder who it is in Ireland that sells russian fakes...

I think I know who you mean to find :bhyper:

He did it before...

does his nick start from "K" ? :shock:

1713grivennik.th.jpg

1713grivennikb.th.jpg

Original 1713 grivennik, I'm sorry not the best quality images.

Rarenum

Would you like to post those pictures over here?

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?/topic/29767-small-change-silver-post-1700/

It's a thread in the Russian Forum's Virtual Museum for Peter the Great's silver small change. (It's mostly my stuff but my intention was to let anyone post their pictures of relevant material in that thread.)

Eddie guarantees refund for his fake coin :hysterical:

Would you like to post those pictures over here?

http://www.coinpeopl...lver-post-1700/

It's a thread in the Russian Forum's Virtual Museum for Peter the Great's silver small change. (It's mostly my stuff but my intention was to let anyone post their pictures of relevant material in that thread.)

Steve,

My opinion images quality is poor and I should get better images for Virtual Museum.

Rarenum.

Archived