CoinPeople.com

eBay brings top prices

alexbq2

Alex,

Don't be so modest...you sometimes receive also good prices :grin:

In this case..slabs, Warsaw Mint and most MS condition..no surprise for me...

Question is..where to find such coins ? Than of course you can decide : to put or not to put in the "grobik"

Since I mostly buy, I prefer bottom prices :D

Question to members who pay close attention to major auctions - Is it common to get $1000 for 1 kopeek 1864 EM in MS-63BN?

Some dealer was selling a large collection of top graded coppers and some silver last Sunday. End prices were very impressive, at least to me.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/jkcoins/m.html?_nkw=russia&_sacat=0&_sop=16&LH_Complete=1&_odkw=russ*&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

I was watching those exact same auctions very carefully as well. The final prices just floored me, WOW.

I can't answer the 1 Kopek $1000 question since I don't collect those, but one of those auctions was for an 1896 Coronation Rouble that did better than I expected. I think the winner overpaid for that coin - too many scratches, and too much wear for $280.

I think the winner overpaid for that coin - too many scratches, and too much wear for $280.

Coronation roubles are very fashionable now :grin:

2 years ago it was nothing special and that price was for much better condition...

Sometimes I think that there are only 20 guys that are creating those prices..

We (mean normal)will catch opportunity - they will just pay. And it goes with some waves..

3 years ago it was crazy with 5 kopeken (silver) and 25 kopeken .. from 1,5 year I observe "run" for Paul I 1 rouble coins .. before it was rather easy to buy them in good price..Now every trash is 250-300 USD.. next who knows..maybe time will come for 1/2 kopeken 1899 version with 3 leaves? :blink:

Coronation roubles are very fashionable now :grin:

2 years ago it was nothing special and that price was for much better condition...

Sometimes I think that there are only 20 guys that are creating those prices..

We (mean normal)will catch opportunity - they will just pay. And it goes with some waves..

3 years ago it was crazy with 5 kopeken (silver) and 25 kopeken .. from 1,5 year I observe "run" for Paul I 1 rouble coins .. before it was rather easy to buy them in good price..Now every trash is 250-300 USD.. next who knows..maybe time will come for 1/2 kopeken 1899 version with 3 leaves? :blink:

They're definitely fashionable, I noticed more and more of them appearing on eBay than before... I'm watching 2 more auctions for Coronation Roubles that are on right now.

I got this one last year, and valued it in my collection as being worth around $250. But after seeing recent trends, I may have to change that number if a worn, scratched example took $280...

1896crown-1.jpg

1896face-1.jpg

Archived