CoinPeople.com

Canadian Silver Dollar 1967 Double Die

Capnbidwell

Has anyone seen one of these? Any idea of the value? - its not listed in the recent Charltons.

Dollar1967DLobv.jpg

Dollar1967DLrev.jpg

My most recent CCN (not very recent, November 2009) shows 1967 double struck dollars "trending" at $650 in AU, $850 MS60, up to $2500 in MS65. These prices also have all dropped quite a lot recently from previous issues of CCN.

Your coin looks like it is prooflike, I'm not sure how much that changes prices (probably downward?).

My most recent CCN (not very recent, November 2009) shows 1967 double struck dollars "trending" at $650 in AU, $850 MS60, up to $2500 in MS65. These prices also have all dropped quite a lot recently from previous issues of CCN.

Your coin looks like it is prooflike, I'm not sure how much that changes prices (probably downward?).

It looks to me as if someone polished it. I have a lot of polished coins. My father picked them up and I guess he couldn't tell when they were polished. He paid uncirculated prices for many of them. Interesting that Charlton doesn't mention it.

I am going to put a bunch of Silver Dollars on Ebay this Sunday, July 25. Probably will list one of these in the weeks to come.

They are around. IIRC, a dealer was taken to court because the mint deemed that these (along with the double struck 1967 50c) were intentionally made and snuck out.

The judge ruled that although highly unlikely, there is a minute possibility that such a large number of double struck dollars happened by chance, and so the legality issue of these got cleared up.

Archived