CoinPeople.com

need help

Artiom

The subject of this medal is the regency period in Russian history, ie 1682-9 when Sofia, the elder sister of Tsar Ivan and Tsar Petr I was regent and pretty much ran roughshod over the politics of the day. It has been conjectured and certainly Petr I believed that she wanted to depose both of the younger brothers and rule Russia herself. Also because she was a Miloslavsky and not a Naryshkin, she was on the outs with Petr I. She aligned herself with some elements of the streltsy in 1689, an unwise choice because she was the one deposed and sent to a convent by Petr I.

That said, this piece you have is very most likely a modern reproduction of an earlier creation.

The subject of this medal is the regency period in Russian history, ie 1682-9 when Sofia, the elder sister of Tsar Ivan and Tsar Petr I was regent and pretty much ran roughshod over the politics of the day. It has been conjectured and certainly Petr I believed that she wanted to depose both of the younger brothers and rule Russia herself. Also because she was a Miloslavsky and not a Naryshkin, she was on the outs with Petr I. She aligned herself with some elements of the streltsy in 1689, an unwise choice because she was the one deposed and sent to a convent by Petr I.

That said, this piece you have is very most likely a modern reproduction of an earlier creation.

Great minds not only think alike but also post at the same moment! :ninja:

sofia looks like baba yaga's sister on this artifact :ninja:

Thank you very much for quick and interesting answer.

If this coin is original how much it would cost.? Thanks to all.!

Ìîæåò áûòü ýòî íàãðàäíàÿ ìåäàëü çà ïîõîäû â Êðûì. Íåîïèñàííûé øòåìïåëü. Íå ïðîäåøåâèòå.

--------------------------

Perhaps it is a medal for premium hikes in the Crimea. Undescribed stamp. Not too cheap.

Undescribed stamp. Not too cheap.

:ninja:

Ìîæåò áûòü ýòî íàãðàäíàÿ ìåäàëü çà ïîõîäû â Êðûì. Íåîïèñàííûé øòåìïåëü. Íå ïðîäåøåâèòå.

--------------------------

Perhaps it is a medal for premium hikes in the Crimea. Undescribed stamp. Not too cheap.

Sorry, but it's a cheap fake.

Sorry, but it's a cheap fake.

Êà÷åñòâî èçãîòîâëåíèÿ î÷åíü áëèçêî ê êà÷åñòâó ïîëòèííèêîâ 1654 ãîäà.

------------------------------

The quality of manufacture is very close to the quality of half-rubles in 1654.

Êà÷åñòâî èçãîòîâëåíèÿ î÷åíü áëèçêî ê êà÷åñòâó ïîëòèííèêîâ 1654 ãîäà.

------------------------------

I hope you didn't pay much for it.

======================

Я надеюсь, вы не платите за него.

I hope you didn't pay much for it.

======================

ß íàäåþñü, âû íå ïëàòèòå çà íåãî.

Åñëè ýòà ìåäàëü â Ðîññèè, òî ìîæíî è êóïèòü. Íåò, ýòà ìåäàëü íå çà êðûìñêèé ïîõîä. Äàòà íå ñõîäèòñÿ. Íà ìîíåòå íàïèñàíî öåðêîâíî-ñëàâÿíñêîé öèôèðüþ 7191 ãîä. Ýòî 1682-1683 ãîä. Ýòî âðåìÿ ïðèõîäà íà ïðåñòîë Èîàííà è Ïåòðà ïîä ïðîòåêòîðàòîì Ñîôüè, çíà÷èò è ìåäàëü îá ýòîì - î ïðèõîäå íà ïðåñòîë. Íàïèñàíî "Ìîñêâà ëåòà 7191", à íà îáîðîòå "Áîæåé ìèëîñòüþ âåëèêèé ãîñóäàðü öàðü ... è êíÿçü èîàí è ... òðú àë. è âåëèêàÿ.... ñîôüÿ àë...". Ïëîõî âèäíî íà ôîòî...

---------------------------------------

If this medal in Russia, it is possible to buy. No, this medal is not for the Crimean campaign. Date not converge. The coin is written Church Slavonic of figures year 7191. This 1682-1683 year. This is the time of arrival on the throne of Peter and John became a protectorate of Sophia, and that means a medal for this - about the arrival on the throne. Written by "Moscow Summer 7191", and on the back "........................../problem of translation/..........................". Bad can be seen in the photo ...

what you telling is that you can buy this artifact if a seller and a piece is located in Russia?? :ninja:

Ýòî î÷åíü èíòåðåñíûé ýêçåìëÿð íå òîëüêî äëÿ íóìèçìàòèêè, íî è äëÿ ãåðàëüäèêè.

Ïî ïîäëèííîñòè òðóäíî ãîâîðèòü, íî âñ¸ ñîîòâåòñòâóåò ïîäëèííîñòè. Âëàäåëüöó ìåäàëè íàäî íàïèñàòü ïèñüìî â äâà ìóçåÿ. Ïî ôîòîãðàôèè îíè ìîãóò ñêàçàòü áîëåå îïðåäåëåííî. Íî ýêñïåðòíîå çàêëþ÷åíèå íå äàäóò. Íàäî êà÷åñòâåííîå ôîòî àâåðñà, ðåâåðñà, ãóðòà. À åù¸ öèôðîâîå ôîòî íà êîìïàêò äèñêå. Äèàìåòð, òîëùèíà, âåñ. Íàïèñàòü èñòîðèþ ïðèîáðåòåíèÿ ìîíåòû.

190000 Ðîññèÿ, Ñàíêò-Ïåòåðáóðã, Äâîðöîâàÿ íàá., 34, Ãîñóäàðñòâåííûé Ýðìèòàæ

Äèðåêòîðó Ïèîòðîâñêîìó Ìèõàèëó Áîðèñîâè÷ó

109012 Ðîññèÿ, Ìîñêâà, Êðàñíàÿ ïëîùàäü, äîì 1, Ãîñóäàðñòâåííûé Èñòîðè÷åñêèé Ìóçåé

Äèðåêòîðó Àëåêñàíäðó Èâàíîâè÷ó Øêóðêî

-----------------------------------

This is a very interesting instance of not only for numismatics, but for heraldry.

For authenticity is difficult to say, but it corresponds to the authenticity. Owner medals should write a letter to the two museums. In this photo, they can say more definitely. But expert opinion will not help. It must be a quality photo obverse, reverse, edge. And digital photos on CD. The diameter, thickness, weight. Write a story purchase coins.

190000 Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Äâîðöîâàÿ íàá., 34, Ãîñóäàðñòâåííûé Ýðìèòàæ. Äèðåêòîðó Ïèîòðîâñêîìó Ìèõàèëó Áîðèñîâè÷ó

109012 Russia, Moscow, Êðàñíàÿ ïëîùàäü, äîì 1, Ãîñóäàðñòâåííûé Èñòîðè÷åñêèé Ìóçåé. Äèðåêòîðó Àëåêñàíäðó Èâàíîâè÷ó Øêóðêî

with a difference in 350 years :ninja:

Àäðåñ äëÿ ïî÷òîâîãî êîíâåðòà. ×àñòü íàäïèñè íàïèñàíî ôîíåòè÷åñêèì ïåðåâîäîì.

-------------

Address for postal envelope. Part of the inscription written phonetic translation.

190000 Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Dvortsovaya nab., 34, Gosudarstvennyĭ Ermitazh. Direktoru Piotrovskomu Mihailu Borisovichu

109012 Russia, Moscow, Krasnaya ploshchadʹ, dom 1, Gosudarstvennyĭ Istoricheskiĭ Muzyeĭ. Direktoru Aleksandru Ivanovichu Shkurko

• 1 year later...

Archived