CoinPeople.com

Someone here must know these coins!!!

gxseries

Came through a bunch of overstriked coins that Russia did doing the early 1700s when I was reading about Russians overstriked coins. It seems that the Russians were either out of resources or they just went out of their minds.

Nevertheless, I couldn't identify the underlying images, and maybe you can do a better job than I can... :ninja: (on the left hand side, the right hand side features Russian coins)

I am suspecting that they are either Swedish or Austrian, as they happened to be the usual "victims" of such overstrikes.

pg1168cp.jpg

pg1175ig.jpg

Another interesting specimen is at the Alaska State Museum and it seems to feature an exceeding rare pattern Ivan III ruble, only to be found out that this coin is overstriked, which I suspect the hidden layer is a Swedish one. Alaska State Museum Link

And currently... someone is auctioning an ultra rare ruble too... named Albertus ruble... only to be labelled as overstriked 1790 Austrian Thaler...

Auction Link Does anyone have an image of a 1790 Austrian Thaler? I am struggling to find one at the moment...

I guess that is all for now... ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived